Forum home Product Tests Site questions & suggestions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What do you think of MadeForMums Chat? Please come and tell us: good or (gulp) bad!

Hi everyone,

We’re so delighted that MadeForMums Chat is full of great conversations every day, and we hope that you love coming here, reading the posts and joining in the chat.

We’d really like to hear what you think of our forum – what you enjoy about it (or not!), what threads you look at/follow and what posting here does for you.

Do come and tell us: it’ll really help us keep (or change) this place to be just how you want it to be.

Please share your thoughts – good or bad (we can take it!) – by posting a reply to this thread. Thank you!

Replies

• I think it's a great support network - since reading and following posts I've felt less alone, knowing other women are going through the same thing is comforting to me. I wouldn't be without it now .

• Although a lot of my friends are mums I find it difficult to fully discuss certain things with them. I love that the 'due in' threads have people going through similar stages and side effects. Definitely helps. I'm as excited to hear how all my thread mamas get on during labour and seeing their babies as I am about myself. It's a great support network!

• I think its great too! The only thing i would say is that sometimes it isn't very mobile friendly....At times I've accidentally sent 2 of the same messages or the page has refreshed and I've had to retype everything! If you had an app it would be great! Then maybe add features like who has read the message or who is online etc. These are all just technical things, though. The actual content and the ability to chat (in my instance) with other mums-to-be is really helpful and I look forward to everytime i get an email telling me there's been a new message sent on the thread!! Lol 

• I've been on the MadeForMums forum since the evening I found out I was pregnant! 5 weeks old my little bean was in there and now he's 5months old on the outside! I'm so happy that I randomly found the forum, it's nice to be part of a community where for once women are constantly empowering one another, offering advice and having a laugh! No negativity just positive vibes!🙅🏼

Especially the ladies on the "September Babies of 2016" thread; I feel like Ive known the mumma's I speak to on it for years, bur haven't even met them in person haha!🤔😂 Knowing we are all often facing the same challenges and being able to freely discuss it is extremely refreshing; we are never alone!🙃

LOVE MadeForMums! 😍💃🏽

it would be amaaaaazing if you had an application like you do the weaning one; because that is extremely useful!

• I have found this forum fantastic support and have made some great friends both in person and online.  It's massive help to have somewhere to turn when you first get your positive and don't want to share the news but are desperate to talk to someone and shout the big news (whether it's planned, unplanned much wanted or not) then as baby becomes toddler having others going through similar is reassurin.

• i love this page! i have been on here for nearly 3 years ttc, without this page and the support from all of the girls and the admin, i am not sure i would be here today! I have found friendships with all the girls on here and they will remain in my heart for everything they have done.

i got my bfp yesterday and the support i have got is amazing, thank you all! xx

• I am quite a newbie here and found the forums when googling (don't do it ladies it will drive you crackers! - googling that is)

I think it is a great community and it's full of lots of useful information from people in similar situations

• Congratulations, it took me and my husband 4 years ttc our first daughter 8 years ttc  my second daughter then there's 8 years between my second and third which was my son but well worth the wait for each one 💞

• Hi MFM!

Your chats were a massive virtual support network for me!  When I had my first, my very best friend was pregnant at the same time, just 9/10 weeks ahead of me, and also a couple of my close friends were also pregnant at the same time, so I spoke to them every day and we would share our experiences between ourselves.

However, the second time around it was only me that was expecting.  The only person I could speak to was my hubby and although he is so supportive and would be there in a jiffy, it wasn't the same (not that I ever told him that, he would be distraught!)  The ladies in the 'Due in Dec 15' thread were the absolute best!  They were there every day for every single one of us, sympathising and keeping your spirits up.  There were some sad stories on there also, but I like to think that the thread also helped them with their not so happy ending :-(  I joined when I was just 5 weeks pregnant and whilst I am still part of the thread now (now Dec 15 Toddlers!) we don't get the time to chat how we used to and that makes me a bit sad....but we all have very busy lives working and looking after our beautiful babies.

The MFM chats really did help me through what was potentially going to be a rough birth (and turned out not to be, love proving them doctors wrong!) and got me through the whole of my pregnancy.  I have made some lovely 'virtual friends' from this group.  Lovely bunch of ladies.

If anyone is thinking of joining, do it, its absolutely fantastic :-) :-)

Jodie xx

• Really good site, lovely to be able to chat to other women about all sorts of baby related bits. I joined when I conceived but from my exploring it would have been useful when I was trying to as well.

Feels nice to be part of this community :)

• I'm really glad that I stumbled upon this site! It makes the whole process so much less isolating and, I can only speak for myself here, has honestly helped make it easier to deal with certain things, like miscarriages. The three main threads I follow are the 2WW, getting pregnant after miscarriage, and TTC #1. I have an amazing support system outside of this site, but somehow talking with strangers (yet not strangers now, even though we don't know anything about each other outside of TTC!) has been equally, if not sometimes more comforting when discussing certain things. Sometimes I find myself refreshing my email after just minutes of checking to see if there is a new message already! Thanks for keeping this lovely community going! :)

• I have been a member of the 'due in April 2017' since I first found out I was pregnant. And before then I read a few of the chats about coming off the pill and trying to concieve. I have found the site a brilliant source of advice and support and am so pleased I found it! In recent weeks I have also enjoyed being able to look at other chats and offer advice where I can. The girls in the April thread are all lovely, in my first trimester I chose not to announce my pregnancy so loved having people in a similar situation to talk to and be excited with! And I really look forwards to looking each day at what people have been up to, and who is going through what! Everything seems a little easier when you know someone else is feeling the same! I'm so thankful I found this site! X

• LOVE IT!!!!! Nothing else needed to say!!!!!

• Haha my daughter joined the due in April 17 forum after me telling her how much I had got out of the due in Jan 16 and she loves it too!! 

• Love this place image it helped me when I was struggling to conceive and helped me through the pregnancy. Now I have a one year old and I'm still here 😊 

Also love the free goodies and winning competitions!! 

• This site has been there for me since trying to conceive, my many miscarriages and finally the birth of my little baby! The forum has enabled me to share my emotions and upsets without bombarding and causing upset to my family members. Without it I'm not sure where my emotional state would be! Thank you made for mums! Xx

• Brilliant site. I've been on here since I first found out I was pregnant and now my baba is just over 11months old. It's been fantastic hearing from women who were also pregnant and now share toddlers of the same age and they've been able to offer advice when ive needed it and that I'm truly grateful for.

id recommend the site to any expectant or new mum. 

Just the the glitches in the website when I've written a whole paragraph and its lost all of what I've written... That has been annoying...

however the content is fantastic And I'm always looking forward to dipping in and and out, seeing how everyone is doing.

• Great Site and I want to know how to write and publish a post on here?

Any help appreciated

• Hey all

I totally agree with Chloe! Made for mums has been a totally great support mechanism and it's great to have girls that are going through the same things.. 

I literally recommend made for mums to everyone from as soon as they get pregnant 🤰 

An app would be amazing.. 💘 Would save a lot of time and would encourage me to post more.. (if that's humanly possible)

All of the people who work for made for mums especially Danielle have been super friendly and helpful.. always get replies on Instagram too 💕 

You do amazing work and the product promotion and reviews definitely work too.. I've tried things and have been converted. I feel lucky to have found this site 

Thanks MFMs

• Having never posted on a forum until I found made for mums I have to say it is excellent and hardly a day has passed in the 2.5 yrs I have been on here that I don't log on.  The support of finding a thread about ttc after cerezette was invaluable and stopped me going insane and thinking there was something seriously wrong with me!  I really don't know if I would now be lucky enough to have my little boy without it.  I really feel I have made friends through the thread, even though its people I will never meet.  We share and discuss things I wouldnt even with my closest friends.

Compred to other forums I have looked at, this one is by far the friendliest and most helpful.  The admins are also great and really add a personal touch making everyone feel valued.