Forum home Product Tests Site questions & suggestions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Would you like the chance to review and keep this Phil & Teds Push Sport Buggy worth £449?

Replies

• Options
    We currently use the Ickle Bubba Galaxy car seat

The style, and comfort of the chair are both great.

On a negative side the ISOFIX attachment is very sticky, and can sometimes take a bit of a wrestle to get in, and out of the car.
  • Options
    I loved the maxi cosi axiss when I had my son, the rotation of the seat made life so much easier when you have a wriggly child to get in the car and also to lift out when sleeping. We will definitely be looking at one again this time once our second son grows out of his maxi cosi pebble plus! 
  • Options
    We have the joie i-gemm with the i-base advance. It has been a life-saver for our premature boy. Born at 3lbs at 31 weeks, home at 3lb 12oz, the seat didn't need any extra inserts to support him and he passed his "car seat challenge" easily. SCBU staff had never seen a seat that didn't need inserts before! With the isofix base adjusted, he was also in a near flat position, protecting his vulnerable airway. This was so important in the early days and allowed us to travel by car, which really helped!
  • Options
    We got  Recaro Monza nova IS. And I absolutely adore this car seat! Proof itself in big car rides (5h drive) comfortable for a kid even if he/she falls asleep.as it's has isofix it's feels very safe in the car and not moving from place.Impact shield as quick alternative to harness for a smaller kid. shield have a soft surface that feels very comfortable and my kid used it as a pillow when he been asleep.Integrated headrest speakers for entertainment works well for boring road ,just plug your MP3 and kid has something to listen too while that is not destructing driver.
    It is a bit pricy but for a purpose of safety and time of usege is great
  • Options
    When Ezra was a newborn we used the Maxi Cosi Pebble Plus and the separate FamilyFix I-size base. With simple adapters we could pop the car seat out of the car, baby inside, and straight on the pram. We loved that it just clicked onto the base, but had the option of using seat belts too. It also came with a newborn insert, which was invaluable for those first few weeks when the newborn is so tiny. Ezra always seemed very comfortable in it, and I would definitely recommend. 
    Since he’s got bigger and older we switched completely to the Joie 360 spin model, which has been amazing. We love that he can climb into it himself and that he can face forwards or backwards. It reclines and comes with the base attached. The only problem is that it can only be used till Ezra is 4 years old, or 18kg. So then we will have to buy another one, but to be honest for the convenience it’s worth it. (Plus, by then baby number 2 will need to use it!) The best thing about it is the fact that I don’t strain my back lifting my son in and out of a rigid car seat, like it says in the name it spins, so it’s much easier to get a toddler in and out. Again, I would definitely recommend. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, thank you all for taking part in this competition so far. Just to let you know, we've posted another one you can see here to review and keep a Bebylux Monza Rossa car seat worth £299. 
  • Options
    I'm a fan of the Maxi-Cosi car seat range. My Pebble I swear easily installed and switched from car to car with or without the Isofix base. They are durable and easily cleaned. 
  • Options
    Our Maxi Cosi Pebble plus car seat has been fantastic, it is used with the 2wayfix base which uses a light and sound system to help you know when your little one is in securely, great for when family/friends are helping out as it is simple to understand. We were extremely impressed with the safety testing and we have always felt really confident that our son is safe and comfortable even from being a newborn thanks to the cushion insert for that stage. There have been no complaints from from our son - even when we do the 4 hour journey to see Nanny and Grandad in Devon! 
  • Options
    We have the maxi-cosy pebble which we love! It has an infant insert which is perfect for our daughter and can be removed once she’s a little bigger. It is also great as we can place it onto our Icandy pram, which means less faffing about when in the car and we need to get in and out quickly. We use it with the family base which is fantastic as it indicates with a sound and lights when the seat has been securely placed on the base. 
  • Options
    Our favourite car seat has been the Maxi Cosi Pearl. It’s so solid, easy to clean, sturdy and has lasted us through two children so far. They find it comfortable and even better the family fix base can be used for the first stage car seat from new born. 
  • Options
    Hi my favourite car seat has been the maxi cosi 2 way pearldaniel has loves it. He goes into it happily.
  • Options
    We have used the maxi cosi pebble and pearl (2 way) seats. Both excellent quality and look very safe. 
  • Options

We have loved using the Doona car-seat. One can say that it's a two-in-one option as it functions as both a car-seat and a stroller, all you need to do is push a button for the wheels to come down and you can stroll away. This is a big plus since there is no need to carry around any other pushchairs, etc… Our baby also loves being in the Doona when we’re out and about and still fits comfortably at nine months. I would highly recommend this car-seat as it is very safe, practical, compact and easy to use.

• Options
    We’ve used both the maxi-Cosi CabrioFix and the Joie360 and loved them both, but the Joie 360 is my favourite. It’s suitable from birth to around age 4, with lots of inserts that are removed as your child grows. The spin feature means it’s easy to get baby in and out, especially for relatives who don’t do it all the time so don’t get as much practice as you might (think manoeuvring baby through the gap between the roof of the car and the high side of the car seat!) and it’s an easy transition from rear to forward facing. 
  • Options
    Previously we had the silver cross simplicity car seat for our son when he was born. This was adequate for our needs at the time but after two months my son grew out of it and I found the car seat too heavy to pick up and put in the car. The style is nice but you have to pay extra for any other colour and I had issues with the straps not tightening evenly. We decided to invest in the Cybex sirona s I-size tropic blue from mothercare. It was very easy to install but it is big and we had to push the passenger seat quite a way forward for it to swivel correctly. I really like how the car seat swivels so you can put you little one in with fuss. It also has the ability to become a forward facing car seat once your child is old enough. The straps are easy to clip together and to tighten which I found an issue on the silver cross simplicity. The car seat comes with a newborn insert so you can use it from birth. It is easily removed when your little one gets bigger. I haven’t had the opportunity to clean the seat yet but I think you can take the material off to wash. Overall the cybex is a good investment as it looks great, will grow with your little one and is very easy to use. I would highly recommend this product.
  • Options
    We have the joie 360 car seat and it is perfect for my little one! I suffer with back problems and it’s an absolute godsend because I don’t have to hurt my back getting her in and out of the car, just strap her in and swivel her to rear facing. The other amazing thing about this car seat is she can use it until she’s 4, so it’s an absolute winner from me, especially the heavier she gets!
  • Options

I love our Maxi-Cosi Pebble 0+ car seat with isofix. It’s so sturdy but wonderfully padded for our baby. It clicks onto a buggy base with ease too. It had a great hood to protect from sun and rain whilst moving them too. It’s also very easy to clean if there’s a spill! I highly recommend it! 

• Options
    Before my baby was Born we had a chicco car seat bought that he hated it since the first moment. He was always crying and seemed uncomfortable when traveling.
    We then found the cozy n safe merlin 360° which he loves from the first time he tried. The crying is less and he evens fall sleeps there which is something we thought was not happening for us x
  • Options
    My favourite car seat has to be the Be Safe Izi Modular, my daughter moved into it from her infant carrier at 15 months. It is rear facing until 4 years of age, super comfortable, has an isofix base which adjusts to allow extra leg room for your rear facing child as they grow. It has really good safety ratings, headrest and harness adjust as one, in one easy click so no rethreading of harness needed. It comes with extra SIP protection too.
  • Options
    We have really enjoyed using our Joie every stages car seat. It has kept our little one comfortable and safe since he was born. It was really affordable and adapted well as he grew. It also fitted really securely in our car when we didn't have isofix, this meant we could use it easily in any vehicle.
    We briefly tried the besafe izi go car seat as part of a travel system but I found the infant seat very heavy with a baby in it. It was constructed well though and looked beautiful. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions