Forum home Product Tests Site questions & suggestions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Would you like the chance to review and keep this Cosatto Skippa Fix Group 2/3 car seat worth £159?

DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
edited May 28, 2019 10:11AM in Site questions & suggestions

Hello everyone! 

Would you like the chance to review and keep this Cosatto Skippa Fix Group 2/3 car seat worth £159.95? To be in with a chance of reviewing and keeping it, please tell us on this thread in 100 words or less: What has been your favourite baby carrier and why?

This car seat is Group 2/3, suitable for weight 15-36 kg and ages 4 to 12 years. You can find the full car seat spec here

A winner will be selected at random from all those who post here before Wednesday 29 May. Please note, if you are selected as the winner, we will need you to write a short review once you’ve tested the Cosatto Skippa  car seat. 

We look forward to reading your baby carrier reviews! Any questions, just post them here on this thread. 

Replies

• I used a baby carrier by ‘let’s hug’ it wasn’t by a well known brand so I was a little worried it might not be any good, but it was great, comfy for me, nice and secure and baby was snug and cosy inside. It was also easy to use on my own .
  • I have the Ergo Baby adapt carrier and have used it for 2, soon to be 3 kids. We love that both my husband and I can wear it and put it on by ourselves and that is it suitable from birth right up to toddlers.
  • The Ergo baby carrier. Very sturdy and comfortable for my husband or me to wear. Our son loved facing outwards as well as he got older. The newborn insert is also a good extra to have. 
  • My favourite baby carrier was the Free Rider Co fabric slings I had a gorgeous charcoal tie dye wrap and it was super easy to use, quick and so comfortable for me and baby. Kept him super warm and me also. It made my life so much easier with having two under two and it’s the memories made I loved having him so close and I also breast fed using this helps to cover up and baby is comfortable. If I was to have anymore I would definitely be getting another sling
  • edited May 22, 2019 1:19PM
    We love the Ergobaby original carrier. It was great for new borns and breastfeeding and then it has also been great for 3/4 year olds when their legs get tired. Both me and my husband have been able to use it with ease and we are 5’2” and 6’2”.
    It is comfy for us and we have been told it is comfy for our girls! 
  • I didn't use a baby carrier with my first, as she was premature and she was too tiny for any of them! But when I had my son, my daughter was 2 and a half, so it was really handy for just popping to the shop and short distances. I had a Babybjorn one that was actually given to me by a neighbour and it was very good! A little complicated at first as I'd never used one, but I soon got to grips with it. My son would only ever sit facing forward in it, but it had a great bib feature that we added when he was teething. 
  • This is me tandem
    wearing my daughter’s when they were 8 months old and almost two in Ergo baby carriers. I loved the ergo because it was easy to take on and off and I could do it without assistance. I tried various slings before the ergo but could never quite get to grips with the faff of wrapping them. The ergo is convenient, durable and comfortable (even with two children being worn at once!). 

It was the only carrier I found that didn’t give me crippling back and neck pain. I also loved the fact it folded up compactly and neatly so both easily slotted into a bag. 
  • We love the infantino baby carrier, it's so easy to put on and remove without needing an extra pair of hands. Our son Logan sometimes falls asleep in it so it must be comfortable for him. I keep it in the bottom of the pram and it's handy to use in places I don't want to take the pram into. 
  • We used the Ergo baby carrier and we found it to be fantastic. We found it to be extremely comfortable, had a lot of lovely pockets to fit things in and it was also very easy to wash

Comfort: My daughter was very comfortable in it and we used it from birth and once she started getting bigger

Various Positions: we were able to turn her around so she could see forward or The back as we found this to be very essential if you need to get things done 

Fit: it was very easy to adjust the strap and it takes a few minutes

overall, this was a brilliant carrier and would highly recommend 

• I didn't use a baby carrier with my son due to issues with my back so this time I decided to attend a sling meet and get properly fitted for one. I purchased the Sleepy Nico carrier and I love it, the colour is great, my daughter loves it and believe it or not its strong enough to use with my nearly 3 year old! The only complaint I have about the carrier is baby can't face outwards but we will shortly be moving my daughter to a back carry instead so hopefully she will continue to love it! 
  • I tried lots of carriers and settled on the Infantino Flip 4 in 1 as it was a great fit for me and my partner. As a plus size woman I found that many carriers were uncomfortable or simply didn't fit. The Flip has the added bonus of being suitable for a range of ages/weights and can be used on the front or back. 
  • I used the Ergo Baby Original carrier with both my children. I used it from around 3 months old up until a maxium of 18months but there was definitely scope to use it longer than that. I absolutely loved using it, and miss it now that my children are older. I would recommend to who is unsure or has never used one before as it was the perfect combination of easy to use and structured but comfortable.

The best bits:

Comfortable
    This carrier has padded straps and buckles both and the waist and the upper back, so that extra bit of structure means is it comfortable for both mum and baby, you can relax knowing they are held safe and snug. 

Lightweight
    I also loved how lightweight it was, I could easily fold up and pop it in my bag when not in use, but had it there as ab if my child was too tired to walk any further. Much easier than taking a buggy! 

Napping Safely
    By far one of the best bits about this carrier was how comfortable it was for my child to sleep in. They easily snuggled in and could sleep for ages while I was able to get things done. The fact it was also ergonomically a great position for your child's hips left me feeling reassured they were safe. 

Cons:

Getting wet!
    The only issue I ever experienced was when it rained. If you get caught in the rain, the fabric will obviously get wet - it's not waterproof. However this is the case with most carriers. And because you have spare hands, you should be able to use an umbrella unlike with a buggy!
  • I loved my Hana Bamboo Baby Wrap. It was so soft and comfortable to wear and Hector always seemed lovely and snuggly in it. I liked how easy a wrap is for different wearers - 5'3 me but also my 6'7 stepdad could wear it with no problems. It didn't take long to figure out how to tie it as the instructions were clear. And it was a gorgeous teal colour.
  • I’ve had two baby carriers.. the mothercare one was awful, I hated it! I replaced it with a classic baby bjorn carrier and it was 100 times better! Literally two clicks and she was in and out. Super easy to use by myself, just slip over your head and pull the side straps tight. I travelled to Spain on my own with it and dreaded security trying to juggle the baby, carrier and luggage but it was an absolute breeze and has given me the confidence I need to travel on my own with my daughter.
  • AstonRAstonR New
    edited May 22, 2019 5:28PM

Hello everyone! 

Would you like the chance to review and keep this Cosatto Skippa Fix Group 2/3 car seat worth £159.95? To be in with a chance of reviewing and keeping it, please tell us on this thread in 100 words or less: What has been your favourite baby carrier and why?

This car seat is Group 2/3, suitable for weight 15-36 kg and ages 4 to 12 years. You can find the full car seat spec here

A winner will be selected at random from all those who post here before Wednesday 29 May. Please note, if you are selected as the winner, we will need you to write a short review once you’ve tested the Cosatto Skippa  car seat. 

We look forward to reading your baby carrier reviews! Any questions, just post them here on this thread. 

We have the Caboo carrier and absolutely love it. We have used it for both of our children. They both love being in it and always look cosy, safe and happy. I suffer with back problems and I've been able to use this with both children and not had extra pain, it's really comfortable to wear and easy to use on your own too! My eldest was very clingy and I used it daily to clean etc. I love that you can have the baby in a variety of positions too - even one for breastfeeding on the move!
  • My favourite baby carrier has been the Infantino BKids Upscale Baby Carrier. It’s really easy to set up and can be used by both mum and dad as the straps can be adjusted quickly. It’s comfortable to wear and my baby loves to sleep and see the world from it! It’s very versatile and can be used in four different ways as your baby grows.

• edited May 22, 2019 8:14PM
    I have a Mabyland baby carrier, bought from the baby show in 2015 when we were expecting our first miracle baby. I love this carrier not only because it was fantastic value for money, easy to use and is super comfortable but it has been used for so many fantastic walks and journeys that whenever I see it, it brings back some really happy memories for me about maternity leave. Then also some nice memories of my husband baby wearing also. Happy times. 
  • My favorite carrier is the mamaruga semi structured sling. I went to the sling library to find one that could be a good help to me with my big baby and my infected c-section wound.
    The girls in the sling library reccomended that one and it was spot on. Soft enough, flexible, and baby loves it there xxx
  • My favourite baby carrier is my Beco Gemini, I have it in Dragonfly and have used it daily since my little one was born, she's now 18 months old and we are still very happy using it, it is so so comfortable for me and my baby and perfect right from newborn to toddler, the only carrier you will need. It adjusts really easily and feels safe and secure when on.
  • We were first unsure on whether to purchase a baby carrier as we were unsure if it would work for us. We were kindly lent one to try out from a family member and absolutely loved it!! The Baby Bjorn Baby carrier mini, was so lightweight and comfy. I had a chunky baby so it was important a carrier I used was lightweight as I didn’t need any extra weight! Finn absolutely loved being in his carrier he never had any complaints and loved been able to be so nosy!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions