Forum home Product Tests Site questions & suggestions

Would you like the chance to review and keep this Axkid Minikid car seat worth £350?

Hello everyone! 

Would you like the chance to review and keep this Axkid Minikid car seat worth £350? To be in with a chance of reviewing and keeping it, please tell us on this thread: What has been your favourite brand of bottle and why?

This carseat is suitable from 0-25kg, which is approx 125cm to 6 years. You can read all about it here

A winner will be selected at random from all those who post here over the next week. We will close this thread on Monday 3 June. Please note, if you are selected as the winner, we will need you to write a short review once you’ve tested Axkid Minikid car seat. 

We look forward to reading your bottle reviews and if you have any questions, just post them here on this thread. 

*Please note, this car seat is in brand new condition but has previously been removed from its box. 

Replies

• Our favourite bottle was mam! We tried over 5 different well known brands but Finn struggled to latch on a lot of bottles. It was such a relief when we tried him with mam bottles and he took to them. I also loved that I no longer needed a bit bulky sterilised as they sterilise themselves in the microwave! Plus mam bottles come in such funky designs! :)
  • i would love to review this car seat! Avent... Just so simple, come apart so easily! Not really any places for hidden bits to hide, no unnecessary parts, just nice simple and easy to clean bottles, no leaks, easy for my son to hold, never had one break or split or look damaged! just fab love them xx
  • MY favourite bottle was the Minbie bottle. My little girl was breastfed and this was the only bottle she would take as the teat is very similar to the nipple. It had to be imported from Australia and cost me a small fortune however. 
  • Actually looking at buying this car seat because we want to read face as long as possible so fingers crossed because this would be perfect!
    We used MAM bottles as I love them! I love how they are self sterilising - provides peace of mind when visiting people and going away and means you dont have to lug a huge steriliser with you! 
    Also I love how they come apart so much. I felt like I could really ensure they were clean and felt like they got a more thorough clean then a lot of other bottles.
    Finally I love the shape of the teat and the fact they are anti colic! 
    They really do seem to be a bottle that has everything!
  • Minbie Bottles were the best for us, having exclusively breast fed for 8 months my son refused every other bottle that we tried! They are expensive but have been worth the money for us.
  • We went through lots of different bottles as my little one was so sicky and “colicky” (turns out he has cows milk allergy!). 

We tried philips avent, mam, dr browns, nuby and tommee tippee.  We found Philips avent worked the best, there weren’t a million things to take apart, and the narrow teat suites him much better :)
  • We tried lots of different brands for expressed milk and our favourite is Dr Browns! We had to have special valves due to a cleft lip but they are perfect to fit in our Tommee Tippee steriliser and are the right size for my little one to try to hold now at 5 months :)
  • I’ve got a really fussy baby who only wants to bf and refuses bottles!! We tried tons of different styles, ones that guaranteed acceptance etc, but the only one she will take is the lasinoh bottle, the teat is slim and super flexible so it’s much more like a nipple for her!! Would recommend to anyone who is struggling
  • MAM bottles were our winners. As Charlotte is breastfed, I didn't want to invest in lots of sterilising equipment that we wouldn't use so the self sterilising feature was invaluable. This means they are great for going away!
    I also liked the fact they came apart at the top and bottom, meaning I could easily reach all areas to ensure they were thoroughly cleaned.
    We only needed a bottle a couple of times so I was anxious she would struggle to use however she took to the teat brilliantly.
  • His favorite bottle so far has been nuby ones. We have tried over 5 different brands and teats and that's the only one that he will take 🤔
  • Having had four children I have used a number of bottles. I discovered Mam bottles when I had my 3rd child. She arrived a few weeks early and although she was breastfed she took a little time to get the hang of it. Mam bottles were the only bottles she could use. The teat shape seemed to suit her mouth and the anti colic system helped prevent her suffering from wind. I love that when you buy the starter sets you get 3 different sized middles. The bottles come apart so as baby gets older and drinks more oz at a time you can use a bigger middle section. The fact that the bottoms of the bottles come off makes cleaning super easy. No bottle brush necessary. You can also buy all the parts separately online if you loose a piece. Mam bottles also self sterilise in the microwave. This is very useful if your are staying away from home or even if you want a quick way to sterilise. You use the lid to measure the correct amount of water, stack the pieces together and pop in the microwave for 3min. I used the same bottles with new teats for my son, my daughter is nearly 5 and we still have the same bottles. My son has only just stopped using them.

We would love to test out the carseat my son is still rear facing at 2 and I would be interested to see how comfortable my 5 year old would be as she is within the weight and height. 
  • We are huge Mam fans! 

My breastfed baby took to the teats like a dream and she holds the bottle with ease.

The designs are simple but gorgeous and the colours are perfect for the modern family!

However the best feature has to be the self sterilisation. Being able to pop it in the microwave with just a little water has saved the day many times! 

I would definitely recommend this bottle to any parent.

• We are big fans of Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles in this house! 
    All 6 of mine have had them, some for longer than others, depending on how successfully I managed to breastfeed and for how long.
    The wide teat means that my baby takes in less air, it's shaped more like a breast so my baby doesn't get confused when drinking expressed milk or combination feeding.
    Durable (believe me, I've dropped a fair few!) and reasonably priced too.
    I've tried different brands, MAM have been the next closest contender for me, but always come back to the TTCTN bottles.

• We're tommee tippee in this house and never had a problem with them can't fault them.
     My 1st was early and when transitioning from tube fed to bottle the nurses were sceptical about the TT but he took to it straight away and finished his feed for the 1st time without issue and we've never looked back. Both boys have had TT bottles from birth and they've never failed me, easy to use, clean and comfortable to hold, they are reasonably priced and easy to get hold of in most places so no worrying if you need new teats etc. 
  • We inherited a lot of Tommee Tippee things, including two baby bottles, a manual breast pump & microwave steriliser, so we just stuck with that range going forward to save money. However, so got a free Mam bottle at the Baby Show when I was pregnant and I definitely preferred this make and the shape of the teat, especially for my colicky son. If we have another baby I will invest in the Mam range! 
  • My favourite bottle was the Philips Avent bottles. I liked the variety of teat flow rates and that it articulated with my Philips Avent breast pump which was something I couldn't have lived without.
  • I like MAM bottles! Easy ergonomic shape and easy to steralise in the microwave
  • For my son, he was combination fed from 8 months and then fully bottle fed from 11 months.  Tommee Tippee was the bottle we used, he took to it straight away with no issues.  My daughter however, was a bit of a nightmare.  I went back to work when she was 6 months so we started trying to combination feed from 4 months, she absolutely point blank refused every type of bottle we tried and we tried ALL the regular brands plus some odd ones and even moved on to natural rubber teats but nothing worked.  After many weeks of trying everything that everyone could think of, I tried her with one of her brothers second hand teats in a new Tommee Tippee bottle and hey presto she took it.  Therefore, Tommee Tippee is my favourite brand.  We also had all the equipment for it too so it was definitely a good thing!
  • I tried to breastfeed my little girl but after 13 days she had continuously lost weight whilst I had gotten very sore from her sucking so hard.  I had been given 3 mam bottles as freebies during my pregnancy so decided to give them ago, two of them also had soothes with them which came in handy for my  baby who had been so used to sucking she needed that smoother to suck on between feeds.  The mam bottles I used were self sterilising (using a microwave) so no need to buy an extra sterilising unit. Self sterilising using a microwave saved me a fair amount of money and made sterilising so convenient.. within minutes I could wash and sterilise a bottle.  Now at 10 months we still use mam bottles.  I would definitely look toward Mam bottles again in the future if I have more children and need to bottle feed.  
  • Tommee tippee. After a struggle going from breast to bottle, tommee tippee was my daughters new comfort after stopping breastfeeding. The teat feels strong and durable. The shape of the bottle is comfortable to hold and not too long/tall. 
    I don’t need to buy a silly bottle brush either, the bottle hole is big enough that I can get my sponge in there to clean. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions