Forum home Product Tests Site questions & suggestions

Bathing your new born baby: tell us how you felt about it

Hi Everyone,

MadeForMums would love to ask you about those first few days and weeks when it came to bathing your new baby. We would love to know how you felt about it and if you had any worries or concerns about bathing your baby. Did you know how to do it or did someone show you? Did it cause you any worries or anxiety? 

Please do let us know by posting your reply below, we'd love to hear from you. 

Replies

• In the hospital we gave our son his first bath with the help of one of the care assistants. I was so worried about doing it wrong. My main worries were getting the temp wrong or getting soap in baby's eyes. 
    I didn't need to worry though, he loves his bath and still does! We borrowed a lie back seat from a relative and it's been great, just changed to a proper sit up mat and he has a great time splashing around. 
  • I googled what temp should be and check it with a thermometer before every bath now. I was so nervous for her first bath but me and my partner did it together. She’s screamed and seemed to hate it but the more we gave her one the calmer she got. I’ve got a little seat we put in the bath which is easy and also tells you the max level of water. We now love giving her bath time but it was quite scary at first. And especially when I had to give her a bath on my own for the first time. We just googled everything and now it’s enjoyable.