Forum homeā€ŗ Product Testsā€ŗ Site questions & suggestions

Do you have a Rainbow Baby? Please share your stories here. MFM would love to hear them šŸŒˆ

DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
edited Sep 27, 2019 11:29AM in Site questions & suggestions
Hello everyone,
We're wondering if you might be able to help us with a project we're working on. It's about women who have suffered a miscarriage, but then gone on to have their Rainbow babies - so Rainbow Baby Stories.

If you would like to share your Rainbow baby stories and pictures with us, we would absolutely love to hear them, so please do post them here.

Please note, your stories might be used in an article and on our social channels.Ā 

Replies

• I have previously had 3 miscarriages in total, 2 miscarriages at 8 weeks and my last was last year at 16 weeks, found out at a routine scan that baby wasn't growing properly and after a few days babys heartbeat stopped. Fast forward to the beginning of this year I found out I was pregnant again, not for one second I thought that the baby would survive full term because of my previous miscarriages but with the help of my midwife who put me on blood thinning injections and also regularly taking the time to see me and book scans I have managed to reach 38+2 days pregnant. I am due to be induced today as babys growth has dropped over the last few weeks but I am so thankful to reach this stage after thinking it would never happen.Ā 
  • Hello, my pregnancy journey began in 2016. At the time my oldest was 20 yrs old. I thought I could no longer conceive after not being pregnant for that long. I met back up with my now husband in that January and became pregnant in April found out at 6 weeks but miscarriage happen two weeks later. We then began to try again and two more happened in that same year. 2017 we decided to try again and miscarried at 11 weeks. We never intended to give up but agreed not to try anymore if it happened it happened. April of 2018 we found out we were expecting again I was so terrified of another miscarriage but thanks to the help of my doctors and regular scans sheā€™s here and a healthy 8 months. Donā€™t give up hope keep trying until you get your šŸŒˆ baby šŸ‘¶Ā 
  • My rainbow baby story is slightly different I suppose. I had a miscarriage when I was 10 weeks pregnant. It was physically one of the most painful things I have ever been through. I was in an abusive relationship at the time and struggling to see a way out. In all honesty I didn't want to be pregnant. I was trying to find a way to leave my husband and I had two young girls who were 4 and 5 at the time. I was worried I would not have the strength to leave him because I was pregnant. I then had a miss carriage and I was heart broken. I was full of guilt and I had no support. My parents live in America and my husband was not at all supportive. No one knew I was pregnant so I couldnt tell anyone and I was working. I couldn't take time off and I felt very ill. I managed to leave my husband Ā 3 month later. My divorce was messy and its a very long story but instead of going to a refuge I went to my brothers - I didnt want to take my children away from their father but instead he collected them from school and locked me out the house. I did not see my children for over a month and they had never spent a day away from me. In the meanwhile I had a good friend and he was very supportive. I got pregnant unplanned and we were both delighted. My rainbow baby was a blessing. It tooke me 6months to get a custody arrangement for my girls and my heart was broken. Ā Being pregnant give me the strength and focus to carry on. I am honestly not sure that I would have got through that time in my life without her. She is now 5 and she is beautiful, strong willed and very much loved. Her big sisters live with me and her daddy is wonderful. I wanted her to have a full sibling and I had another very early miscarriage and then I had a lovely little boy. So I have two rainbow babies. My life has moved on so much from what it was back then. Sometimes its almost like I did not live it. My daughter never fails to lightem my life and her brother is the icing on the cake. My big girls were the only ones who shared my saddness when I had a miscarriage. They knew I was having a baby. She is just as much their rainbow baby as mine! I wanted to share my story because life can be so tough and sometimes it is truly impossible to see a way forward. But you get there eventually! This is a photo of my four, who are my world.Ā 
  • I already had 2 lovely children with my husband but in 2017 we decided to try for a third even though there was a bit of an age gap. We were over the moon when I was pregnant again. Iā€™m a worrier in general but weā€™d been for a couple of scans and everything was fine so we told everyone our news at about 13-16 weeks- we thought this was safe!

Our children were very excited to meet their new brother or sister. However, when we went for our 20 week scan, our world fell apart when we were told the baby had passed away. No one wants to hear the words...ā€Iā€™m sorryā€ at a scan and no one wants to be told thereā€™s no heartbeat. I remember screaming but everything else is a bit of a blur. After being induced, I gave birth to our sleeping baby boy Jacob, which was extremely traumatic for everyone. I couldnā€™t believe I actually had to deliver him and go through the pain of birth to leave hospital without a baby- it was incomprehensible to me. The midwives were amazing and took hand and foot prints of our baby boy and gave us a memory box, which helped a little bit but I was in a complete daze and struggled to accept what had happened. At that moment all of your hopes and dreams feel shattered. I was desperate to be pregnant again and fill the enormous hole losing the baby had created. It was at this point that I found Made For Mums and I found comfort from talking with other people whoā€™d experienced the loss of a baby. The loss of a baby is a lonely one because you donā€™t feel that you can talk about a baby that wasnā€™t even born and introduced to people. I found talking online helped me to grieve for the baby boy I loved so much.Ā 

A few months later I found I was pregnant again. I was more frightened than excited but due to spotting, I had an early scan and everything seemed fine. Unfortunately, at 11 weeks, we went on holiday and I started to bleed. I miscarried and this resulted in a d and c.Ā This time, because I was still grieving for my baby boy, I was half expecting bad news anyway. ItĀ was difficult as the language barrier made things harder- I donā€™t speak much Spanish but the doctors and nurses were really good. A male nurse particularly helped me and my mum with the language barrier and when I was leaving told me not to give up and that I would get my baby. This seemed impossible to me at this point but Iā€™ve never forgotten his words or the hope he gave me.Ā 

We decided to wait a couple of months before trying again because it had become too painful and we needed time to grieve. In December last year we got an early Christmas present when I found out I was pregnant again. Due to low platelets in my blood, I was being monitored closely and was put on steroids to try and help the pregnancy continue, although itā€™s unknown if this condition had any bearing on the previous losses.

I found every scan torture and cried every time but thanks to my husband and my mum and dad, I always had a lot of support. At my 12 week scan, Iā€™d cried that much explaining my worries that the sonographer, whoā€™d been amazing, was even nervous to scan me but thankfully everything looked good!

We decided that in this pregnancy we were going to do things a bit differently and found out the gender as weā€™d always had a ā€˜surpriseā€™!

At 16 weeks we went for the gender scan and after it, we decided to tell our children about the baby. With a gender reveal cannon they found out they were getting a sister. My eldest daughter was quite emotional about another baby- you almost forget how traumatic the losses are for the whole family because people donā€™t tend to talk about it. Although we do talk about Jacob- heā€™ll always be part of our family.Ā 

When youā€™ve experienced loss or multiple losses, you never really think your pregnancy will work out and you never think youā€™re going to be lucky enough to hold your baby at the end of 9 months. Itā€™s an emotional rollercoaster. I found every day really hard and my anxiety was difficult to deal with but family and friends helped me to get through each day.Ā 

After my emotional 20 week scan things started to get a little more real but I still had a lot of doubt and worries in my mind. However, Ā Iā€™m pleased to say that my miracle rainbow baby girl Matilda was born 2 weeks early, ignoring the planned section that had been arranged for her! Sheā€™s 7 weeks old now!

Iā€™ll never forget my sleeping baby Jacob (I think about him every day) or the other baby we lost but Matilda has helped us all to heal a little more. She is absolutely amazing and was worth every single worry. We are all completely besotted with her.šŸ’–šŸ’–šŸ’–
  • @EmJ3 that has actually made me cry - Matilda is such a precious gift. Ā You are truly remarkable to keep trying after the sadness you went through - such a strong amazing lady xxxĀ 
  • My 2 year old is my rainbow baby.Ā  I was actually on MFM and had awesome support through 4 years of ttc and 2 mc's.Ā  Ive met some lovely ladies who at the time supported me and helped me to carry on ttc.Ā  My first mc was 2 years into ttc, I was 6 weeks pregnant.Ā  I recovered from this well but then a year and half later I then suffered a mc at 10weeks.Ā  This time it was awful I passed out whilst staying up in Scotland as was losing a lot of blood, got taken to the hospital and had to have blood transfusions to keep my levels up as I was in and out of consciousness.Ā  The brighter side is that 2 months after all this I fell pregnant again with my daughter.Ā  We were worrying all the way up until that 12 week scan when everything showed up as ok.Ā  Even then it was a worry as you have that thought at the back of your mind that something will go wrong.Ā  My little one is the light of my life, my rainbow after the storm and I couldn't wish for a better loving, caring little girl xxx
  • @Hayleyb1187 it is so lovely to see your name pop up, and thank you for posting your story and lovely words. In fact all of these stories are amazing, unique, and give so many women so much hope who have been through a miscarriage, or sometimes multiple miscarriages, we are thrilled to have this thread here.Ā 
  • @DanielleMFM it has been too long since ive been on here so came on to try and catch up with a few of the ladies from the original thread I joined all them years ago :) Its so nice to be able to help people as much as I can and to see how everyone is.Ā  Hope you are well xxx