Forum home Babies Sleep

One very tired mum and mum to be

I have a 16 month old son who has just decided that waking up 3, 4 , 5 , 6 times a night is a fun thing to do. Because i'm now used to mostly full night sleeps i made the fatal mistake of going in to him (because i'm a softie) finding has dummy and putting it back in his mouth. I now have to do it time and time again. I'm working full time, looking after Liam tired with my new pregnancy as i'm 8 wks. Everything is getting on top of me. My husband doesn't appreciate me leaving Liam to see if he will settle off either. Please can someone suggest something i'm going insain.

Thanks Marie:\?

Replies

• try having a word with your health visitor hun--but she'll most likely suggest leaving him to cry it out but see what she suggests, your DH is going to have to accept that leaving your son to scream is going to be best in the long run, i know how you feel both my 2 have done it, and your gunna have to do this or he'll not stop its being cruel to be kind at the end of the day, or if you do go into him don't look at him and don't speak to him just give him his dummy back and leave the room he'll soon get the idea that mummy or daddy is not going to play but you and your DH are going to have to stand united on this cos a child can pick up on the smallest chink in your armour!!!! best of luck

Claire
    34+5