Forum home Babies Sleep

6 months old: won't settle from 3am

Hi

my daughter is just over 6 months old and is very unsettled from 3am onwards at night sometimes whinging in sleep sometimes awake crying wanting cuddles. She constantly hits the dummy out of her mouth but wants it back. i have tried her in own room but there is no difference. She has a morning bottle breakfast, lunch, tea, bedtime bottle and then wakes for a feed about 11pm. I don't offer her milk in the night as she doesn't then drink her morning bottle. I did think about getting rid of the dummy but not sure. She also falls asleep on us and is difficult to settle. She goes to bed at 8. I have tried earlier but then she is unsettled earlier. She isn't cold as I have tried blankets etc. Any ideas? I tend to do most of her care and keep getting colds etc as I think I'm tired and immune system is low And I'm going back to work at the end of summer and want nights to be better by then. Thanks 

Replies

• Oh poor you, Cberg. I remember this stage with all of mine – and it's knackering!

I know some people do start to consider some kind of 'sleep training' once their baby is over 6 months - that may be something to look into? I was never really brave enough to try it.

Maybe someone else will come along and let us know what worked for them. Hope so!

• Thanks Helen yes I may have a read on it I'm not very brace as worry about the neighbours I just wish I knew why she was waking