Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1 year old wakes 3 times a night

I'm having terrible trouble with my baby sleeping, she will sleep from 7:30pm then wakes around 

12am, 5am, 6am 

She has never once slept a full night after 3 months, I have tried rocking her to sleep, giving her a soother, tried letting her cry it out but unfortunately we live with the in laws and they don't agree with us letting her cry it out for a few days as everyone in the house is up for work. We tried letting her cry it out but it turned to an argument of them telling us we can't so I'm in a real dilemma!!  She is waking up crying and until I give her a bottle she will not go back to sleep.  I have switched her bottles to water with a drop of my wadi as I'm trying to get her off the formula milk,  I'm up changing her nappy then in the night too. We are exhausted and don't know what to do has anyone any suggestions?? Thanks so much ! 

Replies

• I've always tried not to change nappy at night if possible. I was in a similar situation with my first and honestly she didn't sleep through until she was 7 sorry!! My next 3 I was a lot meaner! That said I no longer lived with the in laws! the water is a good idea also does lo still nap in the day? If so you could try cutting them down. Maybe a night light might help? I used a papabo which was light enough for baby but dull enough even I could sleep. Good luck xx