Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help with 11 month old

Hi,

im really struggling with getting my 11month old off to sleep at night, it's sometimes taking hours for her to drop off. Here is her daily routine:

wake around 6:30am

bottle at 7am

breakfast at 8am 

morning nap around 9:30 for half hour

Lunch at 11:45

nap around 12:30 for 2 hours

bottle at 2:30

dinner at 4:45

bath at 6

bottle then bed for 7

i have no problems getting her down for her naps, she drops off within minutes but when it comes to bed time she just doesn't drift off, she will just play in her cot, stand up, bang around etc and then eventually will fall asleep. This is a recent thing but has been going on for a few weeks now and id quite like my evenings back. Any tips or advise would be great. I don't rock her to sleep or anything, just lay her down with her dummy and put Ewan the sheep on,

Thank You X

Replies

• Gotta say after reading your routine, I can not fault it - think it's near on perfect! I think if your daughter is eventually going to sleep (if she's in her cot by 7, what time is she going to sleep?) herself and you're not having to do anything, that's pretty amazing, so i would just leave her to it. 

BUT if you mean you're having to go in every 10 mins and lay her down and it's taking until 9pm to get her to sleep, as long as she's not screaming and crying, i'm tempted to say don't worry! 

• I think it's more just me being a worrier that she isn't then getting enough sleep in total but she's as happy as Larry in the day.

last night wasn't as bad and she went off after 45mins but the night before it was a good hour and a half. i don't have to keep going in every 10 mins, I will only go in once to see if She wants anymore milk and if not, I'll leave her to it. I'm thinking now she's older and more active during the Day that she just doesnt want go to bed incase she misses out... must just be anpther funny phase hehe! X