Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

13 week old baby only taking short naps

Hello

I have a 13 week old baby daughter. Since as long as I remember she has always been terrible with day naps.She always had to be held to begin with. Doesn't imediatley fall asleep in car seat or buggy (will after a while and if very tired). Has never fallen asleep in swing or bouncy chair! she used to get so overtired and scream alot. When we worked this out we started getting her to nap in her cot and she will now self settle in there if she's put down at the right time. However she always wakes after 30-40 mins no matter what wherever she sleeps. If it is in my arms she will tend to resettle herself. I've spent hours in her nursery trying to resettle her with some sucesss but these last two weeks I've given up a bit and just tried to accept the short naps. However she now seems to be reverting to being really overtired again. Should I be trying to resettle or should I just roll with a short naps and accept they will get better with age? There seems to be varying opinions?