Forum home Babies Sleep

Sleeping long spells, is it too long?

II have a baby girl who will be 7w tomorrow. She has regularly from 4 weeks slept a 5 hour stretch then wakes 2/3 hours after until morning. 

Last night she slept 10 til 5. She is bf and always cluster feeds after bath at 630 until 9/10pm. Then cluster feeds from 6am until 10am. With 2 hour feeds throughout the day.

She is gaining weight varying from 3-8oz per week. And has plenty wet nappies. She has a poo explosion every 2 days with the odd one on between.

She us alert, smiley and appears healthy. So should I just be letting her sleep? My gut says she'll wake when hungry but my head says she's too young and feed her sooner. Any opinions or experience? My last daughter was formula Fed and slept through around 8 weeks but unsure with bf how long is too long?

Thanks x

Replies

• i think you're right - go with your gut, leave her sleep - if she's hungry, she'll wake - enjoy the peace and quiet while you can, and as you say, lots of wet nappies, nice amount of weight gain, it all sounds good! 

• Thanks for reply. Feel like ftm all over again cos my older daughter is nearly 5 and was formula Fed from start so all different this time lol.

Sometimes just need someone else to tell you it's alright 😊 was probably fluke and she'll be up every hour tonight 😂