Forum home› Babies› Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Why is my 14 week old suddenly waking every 2 hours😫

hi guys! 

So formula fed baby is now 14 weeks and had been sleeping between 6-8 hrs a night since i got the merlin sleepsuit which has been amazing!!!

however, over the last few nights he seems so unsettled and wakes every 2 hours! Have any of u ever experienced this? I cant understand why as i cluster feed him before bed so hes not hungry, he falls asleep without his dummy at night so he isnt looking for it throughout and ive sticked to the same bedtime routine!

When he wakes i try to settle him and then give him his dummy, but then hes moaning again in 2 hours!  Ive tried leaving him to moan a few minutes but instead of settling himself down he gets more worked up which means its even harder to settle! 

Why the sudden change!?

Replies

• Options

My niece started to wake around this age so my sister started weaning her problem solved she didnt wake during the night for feeds and she was ready to be weaned 

• Options

Sounds like a growth spurt - or it could be the classic 14-16 week sleep regression (Google it). Don't worry it is likely just a phase and it should pass. 

• Options

Thanks! I love havin this forum to vent out at and great experienced mummies are able to reassure me 😃

Isnt 3 months too early to start weaning? ive been told he needs to be able to sit himself up before i can start

• Options

That's what the hv says but every child is different if you know your child is ready my mum weaned me at 3 months old 

when my niece was that age the age was 16 weeks to start weaning they change the rules all the time they go by the book but you know your baby 😊