Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

4 month sleep regression tips!???

2»

Replies

• Well to be fair he has always been like this but recently i took away his dummy at night so that disrupted his sleep. But hes back to sleepin what he used to sleep with a dummy. The only problem is now when he wakes at 1am he doesnt go back to sleep as easily as when i used to stick a dummy in him, so i end up feeding him.

he was born full term at 40 weeks. I believe the 4 month regression is when he doesnt go into a deep sleep, so sleeps 5hours then wakes every 2 hrs thereafter. 

• The 4 month sleep regression is the first of many sleep regressions. This one takes place due to sleep cycles getting more like adults, in fact babies start to experience the stages of sleep that us as adults have and they do have deep sleep but the problem is whilst they are learning they wake up more often and quite often they can't settle themselves back to sleep. On top of that they can be starting to learn to roll which will results in night time sleep disturbance too. There are certain things you can do minimise the impact of future sleep regressions. Feel free to PM me with any questions

• So would you say the sleeping pattern for my 4 month old is actually normal? am i expecting too much? 

He seems to be able to settle himself for the first 5/6hours then hes awake n wont go back to sleep unless fed. 

• Hey! There is unfortunately not always a pattern at this age, but also a very good time to introduce routines as your LO is starting to become more aware of her world. This is when you lay down all the foundations for successful sleep in the coming months. Again if you have any specific questions feel free to drop me a PM