Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

8 month and won't sleep through the night.

I have been blessed with a baby girl and at about 3/4 month she was doing amazing with her sleeping, she was sleeping from 7pm till 7am. However she done this for about a month and since then shes waking up every half hour/ 3 quarters of an hour jus crying in her sleep no fully waking up. I put her dummy back in and she goes off but then wakes again within half an hour. I was just wondering if any mummies out there have any advise for me as I'm exhausted as I'm a single mum.

Replies

• Hiya,

I had the same issue when my twin boys hit the 8 month mark - well one of them started to be very fussy in the night time and the other would sleep through. I put it down to a sleep regression and also teething I think.

Does your little one settle off ok - and is it with a dummy?

I noticed when I took the dummy away from boys they slept so much better and I wasn't getting up to find it each time. I also have the room with black out blinds (got some from mother care which stick to the window). they go off with ewen the sheep and white noise from my ipad for the night. in the night one may get up about 4am and back off again now. but we defo hit the same issues your having around 7-8 months. 

Hang in there though, I know its so so hard but hopefully its a phase that will pass soon and little one will be back to good sleep like before. 

xx