Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

11/12 month sleep regression HELP ME!

So my son has hit this God awful sleep regression and I am struggling to cope both physically and mentally ! My husband works nights so its me alot on my own! He used to sleep really well now I'm lucky if I get half an hour! He is so needy Aswel I can't move without him scream8ng for me to pick him up and through the night is no different which then wakes up my 3 year old and then I'm sat downstairs at stupid times with the both of them again like now 2:50am ! I've had it and don't know what to do! Sometimes I wish I had never had them! (Yes I know that's terrible for a mother to say! But I'm not perfect and have had 6 hours sleep in the last 4 nights! So bring on the bad mum comments you have to) I am struggling so very much and can't cope!  

Replies

• I feel you and don’t worry it will pass its just a phase my son is 16months old and we’ve just got out the 15month sleep regression and oh my god we Suffered in the end we just brought him in our bed he doesnt sleep through the night as he’s teething so we are up in the night but seems to settle with us better. 

weve all said things like that I said if I knew he would of been this bad with his sleep I wouldnot of got pregnant again currently 38 weeks pregnant. 

Hope it passes soon for you all Xxxx

• Aw thank you for your lovely reply I know we all say things we don't me a  don't we..it's like you know it's going to be hard but never have expected it to be this hard though! I had half an hour sleep last night and about 2 the night before I had my teacher training inset day today all day and I could barely keep focus kept having to shake it off and saying your going to have a classroom full of kids tomorrow pull yourself up! It's mentally draining isn't it! I do remember my little girls sleep regression and we barley got through that..forgot all about it again and forgot how utterly awful it is! My husband isn't working tonight and he given me the next few nights off bless him..nearly broke down my spare rooms door when he said it to get into the bed with no kids lol! Aww wow not long to go now ay! It's very hard isn't it being pregnant and having a toddler! Thanks hun it means so much that I'm not alone! Xxx

• Yeah i think we’re aloud to say stuff we don’t mean😂 my son hasn’t stayed In his bed past 3am recently and gets in with us but I don’t sleep when he’s in my bed as I don’t want to roll on him even though I know he’s there and I cat nap he’s a fidget as well so  constantly moves about 

yeah so hard because I find it hard to bend down and things and he’s hit the terrible 2s early 🙄

aww that’s so nice of your husband to do that for you 😍 enjoy your sleep lovely you deserve a good solid 8hours xxxx

• We totally had this - in the end we had to do controlled crying - it really did work for us after 3 nights. It will pass honey, hang in there x

• Aw thank you ladies..the both of mine are now poorly both with heavy colds and coughs all on the week where I'm back teaching, they start nursery and my husband is on 4 night blocks feel like I'm just floating through each day ! I'm so past tired now! Good job my colleagues are understanding and give me a nudge up if I'm lagging! My son still the same hopefully it passes soon! 

Aw I know what your going through my little girl was at that very stage when I was pregnant with my son I carried so low Aswel and had pgp and spd it was so difficult to play and bend down! So I feel for you! Are you all ready for baby to arrive? 

I hope it passes lol can't cope anymore this close to dropping them at my mum's and running for the hills for a week or so hahaha xxx

• My little boy is 15 months and super poorly so Sleeping has been really hit and miss recently you forget how hard it is. Hopefully them being at nursery will make them more tired also I find bathing him makes him sleepy. 

But i defo get bad parenting point when I have to put pepper pig on at 3am because he will not stop crying but it works for us and that’s all that matter x 

good luck tonight 

• My son now seems to scream at 3am to get into my bed I just bring him in evetually so we can all get some sleep 😴 now he’s getting a cold due my baby in 8 days and absolutely dreading the sleep part 

he has no problem going to bed he’s out like a light it’s staying there all night 

hope your children get well soon xxx

• Aww I think there is something fierce going around 😖 everyone little one are getting poorly ! I know it's the sleep isn't it that just ruins you we are on our second week of them being ill been to docs with them they said a viral infection it will pass soon and the coughing can last up to 3 weeks! 😔 and that it's nothing to worry too much about, feel like saying them yeah well it's easy for you to say you're not the one dealing with it all we are! But then I suppose what is she supposed to say lol can't win! My son is 2 o'clock every morning EVERY SINGLE MORNING and I just think awww WHYYYYYY please go back off but no! Sat there with peppa on Aswel or bing bunny! Wishing so much I had the patience of flop (and that secretly I wish he would give bing a slap every now and then or at least tell him off haha)! 

Sometimes I look at other people's older kids at like 7-8 And wish that was me just skip over this part ! Sounds so awful I know I love my kids till the very end but I just think when will it get easier ! My husband is great one of the best but mothers always seem to get the brunt of the kids don't they from little things like appointment making, general maintenance of them (nails, hair, wash) to the school runs, nursery drop offs and all the other stuff we do! Lol not to mention the Labour ! Can't help but feeling a little had lol ! 

Thanks guys! Hope your little ones come through it quickly Aswel their is nothing worse than a poorly mini child ! 

Xx

• Hey ladies any update on you guys are they sleeping better ? My son is still just as bad and I am really at my burnt out stage, here I am sat down stairs at 1:39am from 11:45 with him and he's just having none of it. I feel like I cannot wait for him to get bigger and that sometimes I wish I had never had kids. Every single ounce of me is consumed by them both and my son is just off the scale I physically can't move without him screaming the house down, I don't even have the comfort of passing him to dad because he screams so loud and hard I eventually have enough and take him back just to shut him up. The nights are horrible and every day feels like torture with him. I just wish some times I had a time machine to go back in time before I had kids and keep it that way! None of this is getting any easier it's getting worse and I'm hating every second of it. I can't even go to the toilet without one of them because they simply won't allow me to...I am 28 years old and have the look of a 50 year old woman, I am fed up of looking like shite all the time and of people saying you look so tired. I just want a little break! My husband is great and gives me as much breaks as he can as I do take the brunt of the kids. We don't have family or friends that help my mum bless her tries when she can but she works everyday and couldn't possibly ask her all the time to have the kids it wouldn't be fair. His family and nothing but wastes of space in my opinion and should be ashamed to call themselves grand parents, they never phone to see how they are , drop by or text they use the 'no news is good news' line which is bullshit! I really am at the end of my every shrinking thread I am not coping atall! I hate it atm.