Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

11 week old sleep getting worse.

Hello all. 
I am a first time mum with an 11 week old son. 
Before he had his jabs a little late at 9 weeks he slept for 6-7 hours feed and then 2-3 hours more. Since then we have had progressively worse sleep every night. 
He is bottle fed and is still only needing 1 feed at night but is stirring 3 or 4 times grizzling thrashing about in his cot and crying. As he is not hungry very little will settle him and he is not exactly awake either just very unsettled. 
As my husband works away I am doing this on my own and am feeling exhausted and it's really getting me down, as I am listening for him all night and barely sleeping.
Has anyone else had this issue at this age. Any tips on what I can try to get him sleeping again would be very welcome. 

Replies

• Options
    I remember when my kids were babies, exactly what you say about listening out for them, so it means you don't really sleep. You must be shattered. 
    A few ideas that might help - try them one by one though, not al at the same time as you'll have no idea what's working :smile:
    Are you swaddling him? This could really help your baby feel secure in his cot and limit the thrashing about. If you'd rather not swaddle, think about using a sleeping bag, as they help babies feel snug too. Does he have a dummy? Might be worth a go, but then you can end up having to go in multiple times a night to pop it back in, which is a mare...
    It's all likely just a phase, just hang in there x 
  • Options
    Thank you for your tips. 
    He was swaddled until 6 weeks but then he went into a sleeping bag which he was much happier with at the time. 
    He does have a dummy at the start of naps but I don't want to get him into the habit of relying on it. 
    Last night was worse than before but nice to hear that it's just a phase and that I'm not the only one who has no sleep listening for them! 
  • Options
    edited Sep 16, 2019 9:14PM
    Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.
  • Options
    @MamaND my LO is now also 11 weeks and we have exactly the same problem - did your LO grow out of it?? Need reassurance this is just a phase!! 😩
  • Options
    Hi. Yes I am very pleased to say that my son has settled down and is now 20 weeks and sleeping well. It lasted about 2 weeks and poor sleep coincided with every set of jabs he had.
    Hang in there I'm sure it is just a phase.