Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

5 month old co sleeping and bf

My 5 month old has never really slept great, he goes 5 hours then he won’t settle back in his bed so he ends up in my bed feeding constantly. He does gave formula for his last feed. He’s getting worse some nights he won’t settle in his bed at all I’m getting hardly any sleep and I’m on my own through the night. Any tips ideas are welcome!! 

Replies

• Hi, are you getting no sleep because he is in bed with you or because you spend most of the night trying to outhim in his own bed?

I don't know if I can give you much advice. I breastfed my son, and let him sleep in my bed for a long time (I can't remember what age he was when he finally slelton his own). He would not settle in his own crib/cot and I found that we both got a great nights night if he slept in bed with me. I never had the heart or the will power to get him to sleep on his own. 

If you can both get a good night's sleep in the same bed, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. If you are not getting a good night's sleep and want him to sleep in his own, I can't give you any tips, but hopefully someone else on here can give you usefull asadvice. 

My son is 2 and a half now, and sleeps in his own bed. He just natural progressed to sleeping on his own. 

Good luck X