Forum home› Babies› Sleep

Baby sleeping one hour at a time 😭

hi there. My 12 week old is still only sleeping for an hour or 2 at a time at night. She then wakes, eats a bit and then sleeps again. Then wakes up again in an hour! Please help!

Replies

• I don't have any advice for you. But just want to say you are not alone. My boy will be 11 weeks tomorrow. He sleeps for anywhere between 2 to 4 hours now at the first part of the night, but then wakes up pretty much every hour after that . . . . 

My first was an awful sleeper, but he did get better (I can't remember at what age). But I'm just telling myself that he will fall into a better routine soon.

Just out of curiosity, are you breastfeeding? I am. I definitely think that my boy falls asleep too quickly when he wakes for a feed. I'm half asleep myself, so never remember to try and get him to stay awake to eat more . . . . 
  • I think It is normal because the baby needs time to make acquaintance with a new condition which is different from your mum's abdomen. It will be better next time. You can apply some methods of easy steps to help your baby get better. Need time only!
    Keep their smile! 

• Hey any tips to get your baby to sleep in the Moses basket? My baby will fall asleep after feeding then not want to sleep on anything else but a warm body...
  • I put her down and she wakes straight back up again straight after. They say to put them in when they are awake but she never just falls to sleep on her own yet x