Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

9 month baby separation anxiety?

Hi!
I'm having issues with my 9 month baby regarding his sleep specially at night.
He was never a good sleeper and was super hard to set up a "routine" because he never liked to be in his cot. Around 3 4 months I was able to have a routine and a nap schedule.
I was never able to do a proper sleep training so I rock him a bit until he's almost a sleep and then put him in is cot so he can fall asleep in it.

He sleeps in the same room as me because we don't have an extra room for him still.
It was fine until he was 8 months he would still wake up at night but it was eat and sleep always in his cot.
I had to change his bed to a bigger one and after that he started to not wanting to sleep in I thought it was him getting used to it but it only gotten worse, we have a bedtime routine that includes a bath and he loves it but I notice that he gets really fuzzy really quickly and specially when I'm dressing him to go to bed, I give him his bedtime bottle and he used to sleep right after and only wake up again around 11p.m or midnight (sleeps since around 8.p.m)
He started to wake up at 3 or 4a.m and after a few attempts that lasted 2h of trying to get him to sleep in his cot but I get so tired that I give up and I take him to my bed and he sleeps right away most of the time.

He started to wake up at 11p.m or midnight
as usual but then doing the same not wanting to sleep, and yesterday he refused even after the bedtime bottle at 8p.m to sleep in his cot, he would fall a sleep in my arms and dad's but as soon as we put him down in his bed he started crying, after loads of attempts I decided to put him in my bed.

I don't know what to do, I'm super tired, I barely sleep at night because I trying to get him to sleep in his cot, I'm afraid that if I allow him to co sleep, it might be even harder to get him to sleep in is bed.

Could it be separation anxiety? Or is he not tired enough?
Anyone experienced something similar?
Any advice?

Thanks is advance, sorry for my bad English P