Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

7 month old crying in sleep

Hi,
For the last few weeks my 7 month old has started crying out in his sleep at random intervals throughout the night, sometimes just once, sometimes every hour, but it is every single night. We have tried leaving him to cry and he gets worse and worse, the only remedy seems to be putting his dummy in....all whilst he is fast asleep.
He doesn’t always fall asleep with a dummy in, so I don’t think it’s the dummy falling out the wakes him. I’ve seen some people say they leave dummies around the cot for baby to find, but he doesn’t search around as he is literally fast asleep. I also don’t think it’s hunger as he has slept through the night without a feed for a few months now and doesn’t wake up starving in the mornings.
I wondered if maybe at first it was teething but so far it has been every single night for at least 5 weeks.
We have tried so far his room hotter, colder, his cot on an angle so his head is raised, a small baby pillow under his undersheet, putting him to bed earlier and putting him to bed later.
His cry is a sort of short, whingey cry, it’s not like a cry out in pain or discomfort and there seems to be no pattern with when he does it.
Any advice would be much appreciated!