Forum home Babies Sleep

4 hours sleep a night for the last month

my little girl is 8 months old. from 4 months she slept really well in her own room, she didn't need anything inpaticular to get to sleep. 4 weeks ago she suffered from constipation and had a bad tummy ache and refused to sleep at night. we eventually got it sorted and that first night was like the old days! then we had the same not sleeping and in the end we got a tooth. NOW, she is just refusing to sleep in her cot, most nights she wont go down till 2am but she still wakes for bottles and it takes another hour to get her down. I've had 2 hours sleep tonight I'm getting to breaking point  :'(

Replies

• Your little one is at an age where they often go through separation anxiety and sleep regression. Add teething and starting to eat solids and it can all be quite unsettling. I will get better even if it doesnt seem like it now. Ultimately do what you need to do to get through it. Make sure she gets plenty in the day to eat, i found my little ones were not as interested in milk in the day at this age but didnt eat enough to fill them and then would want to feed all night. Be consistant and try introducing a bedtime routine if you dont already. Take turns with dad if you can to give you a break. Honestly it doesnt last forever. My first child was a terrible sleeper, she didnt sleep through until her sister moved in her room when she was 2.5 years old. My second child co slept until she was 13 months old and from them moment would never sleep with me again even when poorly. My fourth child had a dairy alergy and i often ended up sitting ip with him for hours. Now he is 3 if he is poorly he likes me to sleep on the sofa with him. He wont last for ever