Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

6 month old baby up at 5am

edited Jan 14, 2021 8:35AM in Sleep
Hello

My LO is 6 months old, this week I’ve tried really hard and managed to solve self soothing (previously he HAD to be held to get back to sleep at 4/5am and every other nap he took) and also I now ignore him in the night and he goes back to sleep after a few persistent dragon noises and me no longer feeding him...

This week has been full of wins and I’m a long way from where I was this time last week

HOWEVER he starts whinging from 5.15am and I listen to him until about 5.45 and I give him a feed in his bed and he’s up ready to party.... 

he is FAST ASLEEP by 7pm in the evenings, he couldn’t stay up even if you wanted him to ... to be getting him to sleep from 7pm to 5.45am is amazing I know but I really just want it to be 6am onwards for everyone’s sanity. 

Any advice please ?? 

Thank you 🙏🏻 

Replies

• Your doing brilliantly to get baby to do that, currently mine at 5 months goes to sleep at 6, will feed sometimes 11 and 3 sometimes.es just 12, but then wakes 4.30 5 and thats it for the morning, though as husband gets up for work bout 5 it's fine for the moment, hoping when he goes on nursery I can get him back to sleep. When did yours start sleeping through without feeding?
  • Hi Kay, since writing this my LO is now 9 and a half months and still wakes at 5 / 5.30 everyday. I’ve done everything possible, changed his naps, darkened the room, put him to bed later, put him to bed earlier, stopped the soft music, tried tough love - nothing has changed this and it’s still hard to adjust to! I’ve been speaking with healthcare regarding silent reflux but it’s so hard to get any progress out of them for this! I was really lucky with both of mine that they slept through from about 3 months old but I do wonder if I would rather get up in the night these days to avoid waking before 6am EVERY DAY ! 🤦🏼‍♀️ I feel your pain and you aren’t alone!