Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help my 18 mth old wont sleep

Replies

• Options
    no new ones but getting dizzy quite alot now and some cramping but not like i normally get cause i suffer from really bad peroid pains and im due about fri or sat . i guess im lucky that i get to stay at home while oh goes to work but would be nice to have some time too myself every now and then
  • Options
    didnt get on last night. my inlaws just back from hol so they came to see chloe.
    when im getting ready for work in the morning i wish i didnt have to go but once im here i enjoy the wee bit of freedom if you know what i mean. and i think its good for her. she doesnt go to nursery she stays with my sil so she gets to spend time with her cousin (he's 4). it must be good for seren having your oh's lo about for company. i worry about that. her not really seeing alot of other kids. she got 2 cousins the same age (1 on same day) and i try to make sure we spend time with them.
  • Options
    im lucky seren has alot of children around her my friend next door has a little boy who is a month younger plus my friend is only up the road and has a 6mth old and a 3yr old plus i have another friend who is due in aug and she has a boy same age as seren and we all try to meet up at least twice a wk once in playgroup and we try to go out for food. its so much nicer now that seren and maddy are getting on all they used to do was fight cause maddy is 3 and is used to having her dad all to herself hit seren the other wk cause she called him dad and she didnt like it but now she tells her to call him dad how ting change. hows work going 2day im so fed up 2day seren is having a nap ready to c her dad so i cant do anything till she wakes up sorry if ive gone on abit really fed up 2day
  • Options
    so sorry. i didnt noticed you had posted back. i could have done with the chat as well.lol. its good that they get on now. it would just make your life so mcuh harder if they didnt. im meeting my sil tomorrw. she had lo same day i had chloe. we going to go softplay with kids. ive just spent 4 hours cleaning my kitchen. i spelt something when i came in last night but didnt get a chance to clean it coz inlaws were in but 2night when i came in it was worse. so ive cleaned every inch and have just found mushed broccoli in a crevis in the highchair. lovely aay.lol
  • Options
    thats ok seren has been in a bad mood since going with her dad she has given me a little it of a black eye and went to hit the little boy next door which aint like her. were off to the dentist today then some shopping. seren has a thing about hiding food and dummies in her toy boxes its a pain hope you have a nice day
  • Options
    hi. have you had a good day. chloe sleeping. we have been to softplay and they had a ball. each time we meet up they seem to play a little better. got to wait till chloe wakes up then do some food shopping. ive got to pick my mum up from work first so hoping she can keep chloe till i come back. makes the shopping trip quicker.
  • Options
    yeah not a bad day but dentist is worried about serens teeth said she should have ore by now and is a year behind with them told me she has to stop having a dummy full time which she aint been happy with she mainly has it for naps anyway so i dont think ill be having much sleep for a while now unless i give in and let her have it not looking forward to tonight now. seren has just got up from a half hr nap wish i could have my mam watch seren for an hour so i can have a nap myself but she had to go out and didnt want to take seren for a drive
  • Options
    that means chloe must be behind as well. ive always thought that. both my nieces are same age and have much more than she has. chloe doesnt have a dummy what she does have is her thumb which i have no chance of getting off her.lol. she does only use it when she tired so im hoping it wont do too much damage. is seren in a better mood today. chloe been in a hungry mood she has eaten everything in site.
  • Options
    seren has stuffed her face all day think it might be that she has wanted something to replace her dummy been hard getting her to bed i gave in 10 mins ago cause she is so tired and wont sleep without her dummy she used to suck her thumb but the hospital told me to give her a dummy at 6wks old cause she was breastfeeding all the time and she just needed some thing to suck on
  • Options
    i tried to give chloe a dummy thought it would be easier to get her off of later on but she was for none of it. maybe you should just try to wean her off during the day at first and let her have it at night. does she suck it alnight or just till she sleeps. chloe only sucks hers if she disturbed and trying to get back to sleep. i worry coz it already red and the nail soft. mum took chloe and i got my shopping done. does seren sleep much during the day. i fell alseep with chloe this morning for an hour. my head been sore allday and ive been so tired i think im in for something as ive now got a sore throat.
  • Options
    seren nornally has 1 nap at lunch time for between 1 -2hrs. some days she wants another nap but they are never longer than an hr.seren only sucks the dummy till she is asleep and in the day she normally only has it for naptime take it off her when she is asleep if its still in her mouth and if she is upset. im going to try again tomorrow but think i will leave the night for now just so i can catch up on sleep. atleast if you are going to be ill now you will be fighting fit for ttc next mth
  • Options
    yeah hopefully. its easy for the dentist to tell you to take it off her its not him losing the sleep.lol. chloe still sleeps twice a day and its for 1 -1 1/2 at a time. i dont think she sleeps like that at my sil or at my mums just when she goes down in the cot. she must just be comfy. you know i dont see me ever getting chloe off her thumb. my bil sucked his all his life and even now when he is tired or stressed he still sits with the tip of his thumb in his mouth. are you not due to trst soon. im all nervous for you.
  • Options
    i gave in and gave her a dummy through the nite was up and down and at 4am was fed and wanted sleep so when she got up at 7 a took it off her but she has it back now cause she is tired im aiming for 2-3hrs off the dummy then work form there i got 6mths till she has to go back for another check up so gives me a bit of time to get her off it. im due to test sat got a cb in the draw ready getting itchy feet now though oh half said i aint aloud to use it yet but want to know
  • Options
    no dont test yet.lol. i dont blame you for giving in. he cant expect you just to take it off her. your probably right if you take it away for a couple fo hours at a time then she probably start to forget about it. i got a long lie this morn. couldnt believe it i woke at 8.30 and chloe was still sound she slept till 9 from 8.45 last night. but i feel worse for it. mum having chloe on saturday night and we going for a fews drinks to a friends. she has only stayed out a couple of times and i havent been able to relax yet so im hoping this time i can enjoy myself
  • Options
    Hi can i gatecrash on here as im in a similar position got a lo whos 18months and just started ttc the next although it doesnt look like its goinig to be as easy this time, dd was conceived in the first month before we were even really trying anyway sorry for gatecrashing i was just excited to see other people who are in the exact same position x
  • Options
    ill try to hold out till sun if i can but if af aint here sat morn might get tempted to test then. seren has never slept out ive only been out 5 times without her since she was born oh is alays having a go at me cause i never want to leave her but who ever i get to watch her in the house they never stick to the way i do things and she is always up when i get home

pandalamb hope you dont have to wait too long for your bfp
  • Options
    im the same oh is always on at me. i say to him "i dont get a minute to myself" and he says "thats cause you wont bloody leave her" lol. she stayed at my mums when she was 7 months because my oh and mum told me it would be good for her. but she never stayed again till last month. i think weve been for dinner a couple of times but mums came here. i find it so hard not to be in control if you know what i mean. i know im probably a bit of a freak but who cares she's my babba.

hi pandalamb good luck ttc. we conceived chloe in the first month but we not officially trying till i finish this course of pills in 21days.
  • Options
    i dont think your a freak in glad im not the only 1 who is like it cause all my friend and family have always left their kids to have time to themselves but it was harder for me cause she was breastfeed for so long that i got used to having her with me all the time plus i like having seren involved in everything so she can learn more. how you feeling about ttc next month think ill still be trying next month
  • Options
    well its nice to meet someone who is as big a freak as me.lol. i only managed to bf chloe for 2weeks and expressed for another 3. she was so lazy she wouldnt suck and it was the same when she went onto bottles. she would take an ounce at a time and then go to sleep so i was obsessed by how much or little she was eaten so it was easier to have her with with so i knew what she was having at all times. i think ive got over my nervousness and getting quite excited about it now.
  • Options
    seren was a lazy feeder 2 but was told not to give up unless i wanted to i was lucky had alot of support off midwife and health visitor i had to give her bottles at 3 mths cause she was loctose intolerant but would take about an hr to drink 5 oz cause she kept falling asleep. im more nervous now than i was dont know why though