Forum home Babies Sleep

help my 18 mth old wont sleep

Replies

• thats prob why they so neat. chloe took ages to put on any weight. we had to mean her before i was ready to coz she kept losing weight. you probably nervous coz its seems real now. we are going visiting for an hour to see my sil. been stuck in allday. my head still killing me i think it bloody hayfever.
  • i weaned seren at 5mths cause she was very slow at gaining weight she lost loads after she was born thats how we ended up in hospital till just b 4 xmas she went down to 4lb14.5 oz was born at 5lb 4.5oz (4 wks early) thats how they found out she was loctose intolerant after loads of tests when they only needed to check her poo
  • we were the same although we got home then taken back in. chloe was born 7 pnds 14 ounces but dropped to 6 pounds 13ounces. if you look back at pics you can see her shrink. when was seren's due date if she was early. its so horrible to see them getting all the tests done isnt it. chloe came home with wee plasters on her hands from the tests she was a wee soul.
  • seren was due 6th dec i hated watching her the doc i had said she had to have a feeding tube so they could make sure she was getting the right amount of milk the doc wanted her to have she would rip it out about 5 times a day so refused after 2 days to have 1 put back in cause there was other ways to feed her
  • chloe was due 7th but born on 5th. i dont blame you. its so horrible seeing things done to them. you feel so helpless. i used to sit in the kitchen crying coz chloe wouldnt drink any milk. i was the same when she started eating solids. i would be tipping stuff into the bin crying but never in front of her. i was a bad eater and my mum used to force me to sit at the table till i was finished. could be 3 hours sometimes and i promised i would never do that. so even though its drives me mad when she doesnt eat i never show it in front of her. i just take it away and say "thats ok" and try again at the next meal. i dont want her to have hang ups like i had.
  • same here i give seren half hr with her food if she dont want it then i just take it away and offer something else she has 4 meals and 2 snacks a day cause they aint big meals my sister was the bad eater im the family ould take her 3 hrs 2 drink 5oz when she was a baby
  • yeah chloe like that eats little and often. if she eats to much in one go she is just sick. she was up screaming last night. i think her mouth really bothering her. we gave her calpol and within 5mins it was all calm and she was back to sleep. i hate it that she has to go through all this pain. are you up to anything exciting today. ive just been to town and met mum for a coffee. chloe sleeping now was going to hang washing out but i think weather about to turn. its so warm though.
  • i aint done anything today had every1 turn up here with their kids so house ended up in a mess serens dad is here now has to stay here cause she dont want to go with him. seren had a unsettled nite last nite so really tired 2day i just wish the summer would hurry up and get here
  • serens dad is such a tit he only spent hour and half with her and complains when she is having a nap when he gets here he is such a prick sorry in a bad mood now im goin to go for a walk to calm down plus seren will love the walk
  • poor you. sorry didnt get back on yesterday i had visitors last night so had to tidy up for them coming. will she not go away with at all. men dont seem to see why its important that they sleep. you know im trying t type stuff here and my brain wont let me.lol. i didnt get to sleep till midnight last night with my visitors being here then having to have a bath and then chloe got up at 12.20 and didnt go back down till 3. im so tired and im supposed to be going out tonight. ive kinda fell out with oh coz ive told him that i dont think we be going coz im not leaving her with my mum for her to have her up allnight. he doesnt seem to see a prob but in my eyes she 's ours and if she is up at night i shouldnt be expecting other people to be up with her. im my own worst enemy i know. it just took me 10mins to type that im sooo tired. how did seren go last night.
  • seren woke up at 11.50 and was up till 3 too must have been something in the air last nite oh wants to go out for a meal tonight but dont think we will ill only fall asleep in my food lol im hoping seren will have a good nap later so i can do some tidying up and washing
  • if we were nearerwe could have had a cup of tea.lol. ive just got a txt from oh to say chloe been sick. she prob in fr the cold thats what usually happens. whenshe like this.
  • yeah not much fun on your own and they wont sleep not sure if seren is going to come down with somthing she got a stuffy nose 2day
  • oh the joys aye. im worjking till 5.30 ill be lucky to keep my eyes open.lol. any sign of af.
  • no signs at all but done a test and there is a faint line so will have to wait a few more days i guess and just see what happens i feel sorry for you having to work 2day i can just about stay awake and i aint got anything to do
  • ooh how exciting. its ok got all the end of month accounts and invoices to do so hopefully the rest of the day fly past. ive just had a txt to say chloe's had a nap and they now at swing park and she in a great mood. it amazing how they recoup so quick
  • seren is having her nap now so hopefully she will be in a good mood later been really grumpy 2day, thats good about chloe maybe she will let you sleep tonight if seren is up again i think ill get oh up and he can watch her till she wants to sleep i hate being this tired just dont feel like doing anything
  • i know its so hard to keepgoing especially in themiddle of the night. my oh tries to help but just ends up falling asleep. i keep threatening to go into the spare room and leave him with her but im scared he falls asleep and she falls off the bed.lol
  • yeah im lucky i can fit in serens bed with her if i really need to oh normally sleeps through seren crying only wakes up if i put her in our bed and she jumps on him but soon falls back off 2 sleep seren likes to sleep im my bed though so ends up im the middle atleast once a wk
  • i tried taking chloe in beside me last night. coz oh was out and i was myself but she wont bloody settle she just lies awake. then ive got to guess when she is at the point where she will go back in the cot. she wont even taking milk if she wakes in the night now. my mum keeps phoning to see what im doing tonight. she keeps saying she will take her doesnt matter if she up in the night. her and oh wont get it. they want me to catch up on slep but i wont sleep ill just worry that she's got my mum up.