Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help my 18 mth old wont sleep

Replies

• seren has been a total nightmare sleeping the last couple of nights been getting up at around 12 and going back to sleep about 4 and then back up at half 6 has got up twice already screaming so im in for a bad night i think and im on my own tonight too so not looking forward to it tired already. im off out on wed think were off for food or to see a film whatever i fancy cause i get to pick
  • thats always the way isnt it. last fri nite when oh was out she was a nightmare. tonight however (fingers crossed) she is sound.

do you know its been ages since i was at cinema. oh says we going in a couple of weeks. ive got to go work tomorrow. really tired just now so not looking forward to getting up early. although i should be used to it. chloe was up at 5 thur morn. she sat and watched tv on the bed. oh brought her some fruit and juice she ate it and then at 6 announced she was going sleeps and walked into her room. so i had to put her in cot and she slept till 10. thats after waking the house up.lol
  • its great they can go to sleep once they have been awake for a little while and we have to stay up cause were too awake. we have only been once this year too c a film so will be a nice change from the tv. were off down my mams caravan for the day tomorrow so the kids can run around on the beach and hopefully they will sleep well then
  • fresh air should help knock them out.lol think we off for the weekend in a couple of weeks. oh's bestman just moved up north with his new fiancee so we off up for a visit. it be good practice for the run when we go on hol. we got to travel to heysham before we get boat to isle of man. looking forward to it now.
  • its nice to get away even for a few days were hoping to take the kids somewhere in the school hols cause oh's daughter has just started school and we dont want to mess that up as she is doing so well. when you off on hols
  • thats when it gets harder to get away isnt it and more expensive. i said to oh that we should take advantage of her not being at school and go outwith the school hols but weve ended up booking for start of august. its just the wat it has worked out with money and stuff. its onlt 9weeks away and cant wait. be nice to be away just the 3 of us and lets oh spend some proper qualilty time with chloe.
  • thats the thing when we do book to go somewhere ill cost double thats the only prob with oh he only gets to c his daughter everyother weekend and he stays with his mam then so they can see her too so i get left on my own for 2 nights so he can spend the quality time with her then without me and seren getting in the way
  • its just so hard to please everyone in these situations isnt it. did you have a good weekend. chloe was up all night on friday again. she seems to have something against sleeping on a friday. i had to end up phoning in sick. i was so done in and i was sick in the morning prob due to exhaustion. we went to seaside yesterday afternoon. had fish suppers and ice cream. chloe had a ball it was lovely.
  • its so hard trying to please everyone we had a good weekend went to my mams caravan sat they kept us all busy running around all day oh spent all day sunday with his daughter cause she wasnt too happy sat with seren calling him dad so me and seren played in the garden. seren is sleeping a bit better now thank god
  • thats quite hard on seren isnt it. she too young to understand and if she spends so much time with him its only natural she should call him dad. i take it she quite close with you oh. chloe slept through last night so i managed a bit of catch up. she had such a great time yesterday we going to try a take her more when the weather is good.
  • seren gets on better with oh than her dad she wont call her dad anything but he dont make much effort when he sees her so thats his own fault really im glad you managed to get some sleep i feel so much better now ive had some were hoping to do more with the kids when the weather gets better cant wait to go too the zoo aint been for years lol
  • you right that is his own fault. they are only going to react to the people who spend the time with them. we are going to try get to the zoo soon and we take my nieces to a safari park most summers so this will be the first year chloe has been. she loves animals so much cant wait to see her wee face. just wish we could rely on the weather a bit more.
  • i love goin to the zoo so hoping seren will like it she does like most animals so she should. i was out in the garden trying to sort it most of the day will have to go back out today to finish off the big bush but least i have a nice lawn now and a patio for seren to play in tidy for a change
  • thats what i wa doing last week. trying to sort the garen a bit. its so big and messy we just havent the money to do anything big at the moment. so we are going to edge an area and put some bark and pots in so chloe can play on her shute and stuff. ive done all the weeding and stuff just waiting for oh to do the heavy stuff then i can get it prepared.
  • i didnt realize how much hard work gardening was been out doing a little bit again today still got one side left to do ready to plant some new flowers went and got seren a set of kids tools she kept taking mine off me she loved it got so dirty but she was happy hows your day been
  • sounds like she had a ball. today been ok was at work but that me finished till sat. looking forward to a few days off. going to have a couple of days in house or garden depemding on weather thenon friday i usually take chloe swimming. suppose need to pop out at sometime and get something for fathers day.
  • its going to rain where i live tomorrow so think ill just go to playgroup then play in the house all day and hopefully do some ironing and tidying up too
  • i started ironing last night but gave up coz chloe wouldnt settle. not upset or anything just decided she wasnt tired. so she was sitting on our bed till 10oclock looking at photos (which is her new hobby at the mo). shouldnt complain coz she slept all night although dont know how lucky i will be tonight coz she been down since 7.45 no porbs that probably means up all night. really need to get caught up on the housework tomorrow i was so lazy last week.
  • the rain stayed away today so ended up going shopping and had lunch with the girls and their kids so done no cleaning or ironing again today ill have to do some tomorrow im getting over run with the ironing now lol seren went to bed at half 7 last nite woke up at 12 but back to sleep by half 1 then slept till 7 how did chloe sleep for you
  • sounds like you had a good day so as my mum said the housework can wait till when the weather is bad. i have tried to clear out chloe's room today but got nowhere coz she kept pulling everything back out. she slept great last night. she slept through stirred at 6.30 and must have nodded back off again and woke at 9. so i even managed a cup of tea in peace today before she got up. dont see that happening again.lol