Forum home Babies Sleep

sleeping advice??

2»

Replies

• No shooting down from me! I agree that small steps are better - you can't expect a child to understand why all of a sudden they are being left when they are used to being cuddled. I'm not keen on CC anyway tbh and I woudln't leave cole crying till he made himself sick either - I do stay with him when he wakes in the night - he usually grabs onto my arm and clings on then goes to sleep and I'd rather do that and go back to sleep lol.

I agree that they'll do stuff in their own time and i do tend to think they are crying for a reason - I just hope when cole can communicate better things will get easier.

Just as a thought - have you tried giving her some bottle and then popping her in her cot to finish it? We used to do that with Cole - half the bottle then hold him upright till he burped (damn reflux!) and then lie him down and he'd usually finish the rest and roll over.

• unfortunately summer isnt sick because shes upset she can make herself sick shes done it a few times during the day.

i will try giving her a bottle in the cot, thats 1 i havent tried yet!! thanks hun xx
  • Hon, no real advice but I just saw they've got a sleep problem thing advertised on the home page taking place on Monday at some time. Could have come at just the right time for you!xx
  • ahhh thanks karen thats a bonus as im on 2 weeks hol from work so i will be about for it too!! xx
  • Thanks Karen..I've written my essay ready to post cause no chance of getting everything written down when cole is awake!
  • Sorry I haven't read all the replies on here so apologies if I repeat what's already been said.

Anyway, you have my sympathy sounds awful for you after all this time.

Have you tried a night light or something that projects onto the ceiling. I don't mean a baby mobile exactly. That may comfort her a little until she falls asleep? And I'm sure you can buy something that you can record your voice onto, so you can read a story but you aren't really there.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Garden-Go-Glow-Light/dp/B000WZHC2C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1255292742&sr=8-2

This may be a good site to look at as well:

http://www.childrenslighting.co.uk/?gclid=CNT2-ZfrtZ0CFUxs4wodEnVzkQ

We also had bought for us a Tomy Star Bright (?) night light which projected stars etc onto the wall. Wenever needed to use it so don't know if it actually works!
  • i have tried a night light on and off have also tried the projector on to the celing but she was too busy screaming to take much notice of it lol ive tried to soothe her through the monitor but that freaked her out and she was crying hystericly. She refused to sleep at all today during the day so was fast asleep b4 she finished her bottle tonight so in a way it was easy tonight!! wont be like that tommorrow or tuesday coz she seems to sleep really well at nursery! typical!!
  • I do agree with Westbrom1 about lying with your lo and then moving away. I lie with my daughter at night. Still haven't moved away yet lol so I can't offer advice on that one yet. I don't have any problems lying with her though as she does sleep and I get up straight away and she sleeps all night in her bed. She sleeps in a double bed. It is just a comfort for her. She does have her comfort blankets but I do think she likes having me or her daddy there while she sleeps. When she is a bit older I will do reward charts and see how that goes for her to settle herself. She has just turned 2. Personally I could never do CC as I feel so awful and I believe that your child goes to bed sad as they literally cry themselves to sleep. I wouldn't want that for my lo as I wouldn't like to cry myself to sleep ever. Would give me bad feelings and make me feel so guilty. Great to whoever does it and especially when it works.

In my opinion I don't know how a sleep expert would help. Maybe I am just a bit skeptical of all that. I do like Supernanny and think she is great. I use her naughty corner idea lol.

I do agree with the others that small steps is def the answer. Good luck with everything and hope your lo settles for you.