Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Everything's gone wrong!

Replies

• Options
    I totally agree with you on that Jo, Ethan was breast fed until a year old and we only cracked the sleeping when i forced my hubby to see to him at night!!

Unfortunately Amber has multiple severe intollerances including to breastmilk so i had to stop feeding at 9 weeks, the problems she's had are prety much the reason she's still in our room as until recently she was getting poorly on a regular basis.
  • Options
    Hi Tasha,

Hope you had an ok night last night with Amber.

Zoe xx
  • Options
    Hi Zoe

We shockingly had another good night!!!
    the only thing i'm doing differently is refusing to bring her into bed! She woke up about 6-7 times but soon settled with her musical tortoise and dummy!!

We are going to hold off moving her until next weekend in the hope that by then she may have stopped waking up as much as she doesn't get her way (coming into bed)

Giilans now said he would paint the spare bedroom for her but it will have to be a dark colour to go over the red so possibly cerise pink??!!!! I'll team it with cream and pale pink to make it work!!! Very exciting though as we'd never planned on giving her her own room!!

I'll keep you all updated!! ( i'm going to do before and after pics too)!!!

Is Cahrlotte still sleeping well for you Zoe?

xxxx
  • Options
    That's great Amber had another good night.
    I hope getting her room sorted isn't too stressful for you and Gillan.

Take care xx
  • Options
    Can't wait to see the pics! hope she has another good night. You must be really pleased x
  • Options
    Thanks i am thrilled, just a bit shocked that she improved just as i put this post on!!!! I'm not getting too comfy though, not sure it will last!!!

I can see sorting the room out being a nightmare it's been our dumping ground and needs seriously sorting, i'm dreading tomorrow!!!

xxxx
  • Options
    I'll come and do it! I love sorting stuff out and tidying and organising, my other half calls me monica as i'm that bad!
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhh don't tempt me!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Our spare room was exactly the same before Cameron came along, poor John was bullied into sorting it out before he arrived!!
    It took weeks of work and several arguments, but it was well worth it!!!
  • Options
    Hi Tasha,

To answer your question she is sleeping well(ish). Not a great routine but it works for now. If she goes to sleep before 9.30 we have a terrible night with her so we try and keep her up later. She goes down between 10 and 11.30!! Not good but she is then sleeping til 5 having a bottle then going back til 7.30/8! It's far better than what we were having to deal with so for now it will be ok.

Fingers crossed for you Amber settles soon. xx
  • Options
    LOL i'd be round with my baskets and labels and would have everthing sorted into piles, i make myself laugh cos i'm so organised i end up nearly having a fit if i have to try and be spontaneous, don't i sound like fun lol
  • Options
    That's great she's better through the night, is she well behaved during the evenings?
    Ethan often gets away with staying up late as he's learnt to sit on the sofa quietly!!!
  • Options
    Hehe Sarah!!
    I think you're quite possibly the opposit of me!!! xxx
  • Options
    Sarah, your house must be so tidy!!! What are you going to be like when JD starts crawling?!!
    Our lounge is an absolute tip today! Cameron's got 2 big tubs of toys and he's sat and emptied them both, i've given up picking them up because he just tips them all out again!!!
  • Options
    I might have a nervous breakdown when he starts to crawl! I'm trying to be more chiled tho and just do all my tidying when jd goes to bed,maybe that could be my new job? Wonder if people would pay me to sort out their clutter, oh i'd be in heaven lol
  • Options
    I think that's a great job idea!!!
    I think lots of people would gladly pay someone to do it!!
  • Options
    Might have to investigate that idea tho no idea where you'd even start? I only popped on here to order something and could't resist a peek on here....it's a bit addictive
  • Options
    I plan to do all my tidying when Cameron goes to bed too, i just don't always get round to it!!! lol
  • Options
    It's very addictive!!!!
    I'm going to have to go soon and peel some potatoes for tea, otherwise i won't be very popular when John and my dad arrive home!!
  • Options
    I refuse to do housework in the evenings, Gillan doesn;t so why should I ?!!!
    He cooks the dinner while i bath the kids and get them ready for dinner then we try and sit down and enjoy our evening!!!!

I'm popping off to peal potatoes too!!!! xxx