Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trouble sleeping alone

Hi everyone,

I need advice about my baby's sleeping habits!!

We recently moved house and our son now has his own room. He's coming up for 9 months and has been in our room up tunil now. I settled him into his own room from the first night in the new house as i was told to by so many people. But he didn't like it at all. He cried for 20 mins and then screamed until he was sick - despite my going in every 5, 10 and 20 mins. This happened every night for a week before my husband moved his cot into our room.

The first week in our room he was great, he cried for about 15-20 mins but then settled - he did wake up for feeds though. But after a week he went back to screaming and being sick again.

It's really getting me down, I've had post natal depression for a few months now and I was feeling that I was getting over it but i'm worried that the lack of sleep and the upset of hearing him so distressed every night is starting to make it worse again.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Lauren

Replies

• Hi lauren,
    Sorry to hear your not having a great time at the moment. i would recommend a really good website for baby sleep troubles...www.babysleepanswers.co.uk. You can download the book for ??4.99 but then you get to use the forum and the author Wendy Dean replies to any of your queries/questions and has so much good advice.
    Hope this helps
    xx
  • Hi Melbee
    Thank you so much for the reply and for the info on the website. I've been looking at it this morning and I've downloaded the book. It definitely looks promising!

How many children do you have?
    xx
  • Hi Lauren, I would have said exactly the same as Melbee but I have already seen your post on babysleepanswers. Just wanted to say that it really is worth sticking with it, changing lo's sleep habits is hard work but it is much easier with support. Babysleepanswers had made a huge difference to Millie's sleeping and she is a really stubbon little madam! Hope you see an improvement soon, Kerry xx
  • Hi Bedhead,
    Thanks for the reply! My lo's very stubborn too, and I know its going to take a lot of screaming for a peaceful night sleep! I'm dreading starting it. It has to be done though!
    Thanks again for your thoughts xxx