Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What does your child’s dream bedroom look like? Tell Dulux for your chance to win £500 B&Q vouchers

Replies

• Options

my son is 6 and would love a superhero bedroom

• Options

My four years old son wanted new badsheets in blue and grey colour new cushion new matching curtains

and he also liked a separate wardrobe and a small playhouse as well where he can make his own world and can play 

• Options

Orange and Black - because those are the colours I had when I was little so I have managed to persuade my grandson that he'd like that combination too. We'll see!

• Options

We redecorated my daughter’s bedroom in 2014. She had a pink room (princess theme), but asked for a frozen bedroom.  We bought Dulux Mineral Mist and painted an alcove and then put stickers on it for her.  She loved it! 

She has just turned six and now has an 8 week old baby brother who she will be sharing with when he is bigger.  Her suggestions on how to make this work are:

• She needs a desk area to do school work and would love a white board on the wall to practice sums and key words (this would also save the millions bit of paper she uses daily!)
    • She now has a mid-sleeper bed and we have put up a curtain underneath for her to create a den area where she likes to get out her torch and teddies to either play at being a teacher or making a show for them. She also said she likes being up high so she can check on her brother when he goes in his cot
    • For her birthday party I painted Olaf on a canvas to play pin the nose of Olaf. She loved playing this with her friends and would like this on the wall in her bedroom for playing again when friends come to stay
    • She has started swimming lessons and proudly wants the certificates on the wall. Having an area to display trophies/certificates is important to her
    • Having a clear divide between ‘her’ side of the room and her brothers was another suggestion.  At the moment it works well as her side is pink and his is blue (cot being in the frozen theme alcove). She thought having a large curtain across the ceiling would be a good idea so she can get privacy. I’m not sure how practical this would be.

The theme would still be frozen, but she realises having space to work is needed, as is a play area and having a bedroom that reflects her achievements.  I suspect in time we will have a his and her shelf for their things they are most proud of.

image image image image 

• Options

My 5 year old daughter has said she would love a secret garden theme with fantasy folk like fairies and pixies and their enchanting homes in beautiful pastel shades of blues, greens, purples etc. She loves reading so this setting would be perfect for her to get lost in her imagination.

• Options

my five years old son wants a big playhouse Where he can play with his mats . He wants there should be tree stickers on the wall in his room. A baby table chair lots of creative toys his own computer And much mores big list.....

Mhe also wants a 3d nentendo and other good quality play stations too

• Options

My 9 years old daughter wants a big doll house where everything should be and her bed too and she wants doll ward full of princess dresses. But my 5 years son wants a big Lego land because he is a big fan of Lego 

• Options

Sadie would love an 'In the night garden theme' or Mr Tumble if she could...! Might be a bit bright though! In reality it will be grey/pink with a kitsch theme...think clouds, ice creams and ribbons. She loves her cloud pillow. We are hoping to sort her room out before Christmas (she sleeps with us still) before her sibling arrives...eek

• Options

My daughter would love a My little pony themed bedroom, she said she would have a green carpet as the grass, a huge rainbow painted on the main wall as apparently rainbows make you smile :) she said would also like the other walls with the main 6 ponies .

• Options

My 4 years old son wanted to decorate his bedroom with toys. He wants his own Lego land. He loves go jetters toys so he wants them. He likes bright colour scheme. so he wants attractive curtains, bedsheets and stuff like

• Options

4 year old Holly is mad about Peppa Pig and she would love a Peppa themed bedroom. 

Mylor, aged 18 months is obsessed with tractors, so it would be a farm bedroom with lots of tractors for him.

• Options

Tilly would like everything pink! including the ceiling lol 

• Options

Eva aged 2 years and 9 months would like an 'ink' room which means pink with hungry caterpillar characters on the wall, especially loves the butterfly, its her favourite book! She loves bright colours, stars and rainbows, so we would also need to somehow incorporate these into her room! She loves to read so I was thinking of shelves which she could select books from and maybe a tent to read in with bright cushions. It would be a bright but girly paradise! Hope we win so we can make her dream come true! ;-)

• Options

Hi, I have 2 daughters who are both wanting to redecorate their rooms very soon, my oldest daughter Georgia is 9, and she is mad on Harry Potter and dragons, and wants her room purple and black. She wants pictures of all the dragons in the HarryPotter movies on her wall and shelves displaying her dragon models/statues. She wants it to be a fantasy theme. My younger daughter Erin is almost 7 and loves horses since she recently started lessons, she wants a meadow on her wall and stickers/paintings of horses, she would love a Horse and Carriage bed, but not sure about that! 

• Options

My boys share a room and they have asked for a football themed room based around Manchester United with walls Red, white and black! 

• Options

Umm, would be black!!! 

• Options

My 7 year old daughters dream bedroom is to have 3 of her walls painted her favourite colour violet, the other one should be blue.  On the violet walls would be fairies and pixies on the blue wall would be pictures of sea creatures and all the Octonauts and gups .  She would have a violet carpet.  Her bed would be a mid sleeper with a canopy and have a gigantic curvy slide, so she could slide out of bed every day (and night)

• Options

my daughters want a pink and lilac fairy/tracey beaker theme?! 

lots of sparkle and pink.

• Options

my 5 and 4 year old sons said they would really love to have a Underwater themed bedroom with Glow in the dark fish, bright fish all different shapes and sizes, a huge orange Octopus with 14 legs, a Treasure chest painted on the wall and to have real Seashells stuck onto the ceiling. I really love their idea and think it would look so cool and a great design to last till they are older.

• Options

Our Daughter loves nature, she would love a tree house bedroom,painted trees around the walls making the outside come indoors! A 3D branch holding a swinging relaxing chair, painted scenes of below the trees roots underground bunny rabbits sleeping in their burrows. The ceiling would be full of sparkling lights which at night time look like a sky full of stars!

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions