Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What happens round your family’s kitchen table? Tell Stokke: Tripp Trapp highchair to win

Replies

• My dd (19 now!) used to carefully collect peas (when we had them) on her spoon and bring them toward her mouth, I would put my hand under her chin to catch any that missed her mouth. She would open her mouth, then tip all the peas from the spoon into my hand! Every time! 

• The most amazing thing is we sometimes actually EAT round the table - usually its used for everything else

• Sophie(age 7) bakes cakes around the kitchen table for her little cousin Tommy age 10 months. image

• we sit as a family and chat about our day :)image

• my dining table is the only place where our food is safe from our crazy dog, who steals everything!

• My son is 11 weeks!

• Laughter happens around our table! Sometimes its at DD because she pulls a funny face or decides her food is better given to the dog or smeared around her first, sometimes its because the receipe I was trying to follow didnt go exactly to plan and others its because of the stories of someones day. Dinner times are a time that I treasure.

• imageIts 6.00 am and Auntie Kayleigh rouses Uncle Rob

The nephews want the play doh out and porridge on the hob

By 6.05 there's tantrums, tears, mess and much much more

There's play doh in my hair, their ears! and squashed into the floor

While Uncle Rob attempts to gain some order single handed

I think back to the night before when my little treasures landed

"They should sleep through and wake at 8.00 and keep their pj's dry"!

"They should be tired, and good and fed and very rarely cry!"

I feel their Mums, who I also love, have been a little contrived

But they said it was a practice run for when our twins arrive !!!

• Currently sat at mine filling out my questionaire ready to give blood on Sunday for the very first time.

• So...all four of us are around the dinner table. My husband talks about work, whilst my 6 year old daughter questions everything that is being said. Whilst this is going on my 4 month old is being weaned and learning to eat solids. All 3 are wanting my attention at the same time. Madness but fun.

• We all site around the table eat talk and shared everything with each other .  love laughter joke and shout everything happens here.

• It's the center of our house....where we plan our days out, weekends and holidays; make presents and biscuits; celebrate birthdays and little milestones; read comics and cut them up; color in and paint; make dens on rainy days; and all sit down for breakfast and evening meals at the end of hectic days!  It's where we all come together.

• imageimageimageimage

Having had our first baby earlier this year (a little girl- 7 months old now), the kitchen table is one of the places where I most feel like we have become a little family. 

I love sitting around the table, with out daughter between my husband and I as we all eat a meal together... ok let's be honest at the moment meals involve a lot of smushing food in hair and flinging carrots through the air and sucking toast until it turns to smush (who knew that was a thing that babies do!)

Even when we can't be together, we include her dad. One of then pictures is me and my little one sitting down to leftovers for lunch- I sent it to my husband who was sitting down in his work canteen at the exact same time eating his own leftovers. 

But my favourite thing about our kitchen table is that I LOVE seeing her little face as we try new foods and she finds something she thinks tastes great. Unsurprisingly given her genes she is already a big fan of cheese- brie in particular! Big belly aching laughs are guaranteed at least once a meal time when weaning this little cherub of mine. I wish people had said how fun it would be... it certainly makes up for the disgusting poo!! 

• For is sitting at the dining room table is when we have quality time with our five year old and soon our 3 month old will be joining in too. We are both busy full time parents and love our boys.

As a family electronic devices are banned, ensuring that if it's dinner or fun play the boys are the focus of our attention. We chat, laugh and have occasional gagging at new foods- but each experience makes new memories.

I want both boys as they grow to love sitting at the table, and always look back as I do with fondness at family meals. each mark the table endured holds a memory,  Like when my son decided to try his cuntying skills on the table edge instead of his plate! 

winning this highchair will help our son feel as if he is joining in when weaning, rather than sitting separately and back from where the rest of his family x

• At my dinner table My youngest throws her food and claps, got to laugh so I don't cry lol. My oldest does her homework and arts and crafts.

• Aurelia is only 3 months old but loves sitting with us in her bouncer while we eat at the table. Mealtimes are spent with her continually smiling and cooing with us. Sometimes she tires of her bouncer and wants to be part of the conversation properly image (and the same height!), so she happily sits on my lap where she can be the same level of us, and chats to daddy.

• Our 3 year old son Leo is a very fussy eater and we are trying to encourage him to try new things, giving him praise when he eats well.

This has recently resulted in our 17 month old daughter Allegra joining in daily with lots of "Hooray!" and putting her hands up for 'High Fives' so dinner time has turned into a really fun cheer leading activity for everyone and it makes us all giggle :)image

here's a picture of tonight's high fives with Daddy (who was a bit too generous with the portions!)

• My son and daughter always ask my husband what he did at work, its become a thing that he always replies in technical terms and they giggle. 

• our kitchen table table has seen laughter and tears, witnessed hugs and kisses as well as moments of stress and despair. It is where our children took their first steps in to the world of food and experienced whole new sensations ans experiences for the first time. It's where artistic masterpieces have been made and music composed. It really is the centre of our family and always will be. 

• My five month old daughter loves staring at my four year old son while he roundly rejects my cooking and demands fish fingers! Oh well, maybe she'll appreciate my delicious lovingly prepared meals a bit more than he does!

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions