Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

What happens round your family’s kitchen table? Tell Stokke: Tripp Trapp highchair to win

Replies

• Around my familys kitchen table we have favourite meals we enjoy sharing , at the moment Irish stew is sure to result in clean plates at the end of the meal . It is around the table that I can ensure that we all eat better . We have an eat together rule in our house and I enjoy that I can be sure we are all enjoying healthy meals . It is here that we discover what have become new family favourites . At mealtimes we also plan future family activities . Given that our children are 5 and 3 these discussions are always great fun and usually very loud and sometimes really messy .

• Lots of noise and laughter happens around our kitchen table! My little boy loves to make a mess!

• Laughter and fun until they're done!

• imageMid eat naps ...

• I grew up in Norway and Tripp Trapp chairs were a part of my childhood, my brothers and I had one each and my mum still now has them in her house 30 odd years later!

I have a 22 month old little girl who uses her own Tripp Trapp already and loves using it to sit comfortably with us at the table. As she can climb up herself in often find her already waiting at the table while I make her meal up!

I'm due our second child in 7 weeks (a girl) and would love to share the same memories with her and her sister using Tripp Trapp chairs. 

I believe sitting down at the table together is so important and creates such precious memories. Our dinning table is not only the place we eat, but where we play, draw, craft, do puzzles and generally make a mess! I have a special mini vacuum to help keep on top of things. 😀

• image enjoy eating~ who doesn't ? 

• Our table is used for many things, from meal times to colouring and crafting, to homework for the eldest. Sometimes I use it to do some work too :) 

• We try and have family breakfast and dinner around the dinner table. Great time to catch up on each others day.

• The kitchen table for my family is where we all eat as a family, this mostly involves watching out nearly 7 mo th old devoiur everything we give him and our 2 year old turn his nose up at everything. But we have many laughs and we will for many more years to come. 

• The kitchen table is time for family meal times , catch up from the day and spending time together 

• imageAlways a lot of crafts going on round our table!

• image This is Charlie, our little Spaghetti monster! Oooh she does love her grub, and long may it last, as its a nightmare trying to get her older sister to eat anything that doesn't have chocolate spread on it! Thank-you Stokke, this is my fourth and final baby lol, so my last chance to enjoy the look of a gorgeous Tripp-Trapp! Would also be kinder to my back as well! Merry Christmas all! 

• imageI got my daughter to eat broccoli! now that's amazing lool

• Our kitchen table is a busy one - with my 11 year old step son, 8 year old daughter and our little 10 month old baby boy, Finley. As you'd expect it's Finn that keeps us entertained at meal times and usually while I'm trying to be stern and clear, the kids are crying with laughter at him. Current favourites are throwing food then shaking his head to say 'no' at me, blowing raspberries when eating and he has just learned how to lick his fingers so that is proving the number one thing to do instead of actually eating. :-) You can see the state he usually ends up in! image

• we sometimes end up having contests for silliest moustache with runner beans or spaghetti 

• Our first one is still brewing so we still have all this fun to come!!

But if this little one is anything like it's food loving parents...it's gonna be messy!!

•  DD does her homework every evening while I cook dinner, and it never fails to amaze me how she gets brainer and brainer everyday :D It's an everyday occurrence but it's amazing to see her develop into such a talented young lady, and that moment around the kitchen table makes me so proud everyday. 

• The kitchen table is definitely the heart of our home! This is where DS age 3 colours in, watches TV, and learns how to be a gentleman by helping me set the table, wipe it down after dinner, etc. I love how he loves to contribute- he doesn't see it as a chore but as a duty! I wonder how long that will last image

• i always ask my seven year old what he did at school today when we're sat around the kitchen table eating dinner. Last week he told me he tied the teacher to a chair!

• The funniest thing that has ever happened around the kitchen table was yesterday evening, when I was trying to convince DD to try a carrot puree I had made for her. She looked me square in the eyes and said "I don't eat carrots- carrots are for rabbits!" Me and DH burst out laughing. I don't know where on earth she got that one from! :'D

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions