Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell Egmont about the special times you spend reading with your child – voucher and books to win

Replies

• we read spot the dog together after lunch

• my darling daughter loves reading the hungry caterpillar book. she is fascinated with bugs and creepy crawlies.

• My son(3) loves reading and we go to the library every week to take out some new books, we also read a bedtime story every single night. He loves adventure stories and stories about animals.

• My son and I love reading Diary of the wimpy kid books we think there great 

• My daughter has loved reading from a young age and now having just turned 4, her interest shows no sign of abating.  She has a habit of waking early in the morning and now knows that although it is not time to get up, she can read for as long as she likes and we often hear her reading her books 'loudly' early in the mornings.  We always read before bed too and have done since she was around 6months old.  We still love classic picture books and rhyming ones that are silly are often big hits! 

• My son who's three enjoys reading Dear Zoo & the hungry caterpillar. He knows what's coming next as he's read the book so many times. We often read before bedtime and he enjoys reading after tea too. Fmgreat for unwinding after a day at nursery.

• * it's great 

• My son is 9 with special needs and loves reading The Little Princess Books and Peppa Pig. I enjoy reading to him and I take my cue from him to when and how long I read to him. At the moment, hes really into his books so we are reading all the time :) 

My son loves any book with a character like Teletybbies, Bing or Peppa Pig. He especially likes his great Grandad reading with him, as he makes all the sounds and makes it fun.

• My husband and I take turns to read to our three year old every night. She loves it and we really enjoy reading too. Olivia loves to ask lots of questions along the way. Her favourite at the moment are Julia Donaldson books. image

• My 4 years ols love Peppa Pig books, we read them before bed time.

• Baby Paddy is 8 months and has been read to from birth. He knows his The Zoo (Rod Campbell) book so well he gets excited when he sees it! He loves the little flaps. 

As I'm a stay at home mummy, I do most of the reading. We like to lie in bed together and read-and usually after a couple of books and a lot of smiling, laughing and hitting the books! he passes out next to me for a nap! Reading is exhausting :) 

Here are some pictures of Paddy and his collection - with his favourite book in his hands (he picked it out of the pile!)imageimageimageimage

• our fave time for a story is bedtime all snuggled up :D

• I read to my 6 month old daughter most evenings so she understands it is bed time. Our new favourite is I love you mummy which i was given on Mothers Day. I find that as long as it is not a long book she listens for the whole story. 

• My daughter loves the Mr Men books! They are easy to read, she loves the pictures, she can read along with me - she loves doing the voices. 

My daughter, Siena (10 months old now!), absolutely LOVES lift the flap books! Dear Zoo and Where's Spot are two of her favourites. She also adores Peepo which we read together daily before bedtime. We try to cuddle up and share a book together before naps or bedtime which is when she is relaxed enough for me to read to her properly but even during the day she loves looking at picture books and lift the flap books herself. 

• My little boy loves nothing more than to read. I have such fond memories of reading with my mum when I was little and wanted to experience that with my son. We spend about 45 minutes every evening reading different books together. He loves to get into his comfy pj's with a hot chocolate, a big fluffy throw and a big pile of short stories that we make our way through each night. Such a lovely way to bond, he always giggles when I do silly voices :)

• My youngest loves touchy-feely board books, we enjoy these during the day when big sis is at school. At bed time all three of us read together, fairytales are the most popular boo at the momen.

• My 3 year old little boy absolutely adores books his favourite is the very hungry caterpillar, we tend to read just before dinner it gives us both a chance to relax before the hectic dinner/bath/bed routine. The copy we have is my mums and has been borrowed by all 10 of her grandchildren so its become a family tradition!

• My little boy is 15 months old and he's only recently really got into reading stories (rather than just turning the pages and throwing the book!) with me properly. His favourites are ones that he can touch, or ones that he is familiar with (like the teletubbies!!). 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions