Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Egmont about the special times you spend reading with your child – voucher and books to win

Replies

• Options

We started reading to my twin boys from an early age, my husband read to them every night before bed so he could spend some quality time together. We used interactive books during the day and softer stories at night so not to over excite them. Now they are older we still read every night, they love Enid Blyton books and have just finished Up the Faraway Tree, they also like Frank Lampard Magic Football books. They have such a love for books their bedroom looks like a library.

• Options

My daughter (4) loves me to read 'stories for 4 year olds' she specifically loves this book as a) it's for 4 year olds - which is very important of course! And b) all of the stories contained in it rhyme. She loves that, as do I as you can really animate your voice when reading it!  We have story time every night at bedtime. We snuggle up on the bed and read 2or 3 stories together .

• Options

My son is a book worm, he was prem so have been reading to him since he was in his "fish tank", he's now 2 and would read all day if he could, his favourite books are Dirty Burtie, Pooh is that you Burtie and Dear Zoo. We always have two stories before bed, one before his bath and one after. He loves the Teletubbies we have to cart them around everywhere we go so to win tubby books would be amazing 

• Options

My daughters all really love the rainbow magic books! We do fun reading for 10 minutes and then there school books after brushing teeth and just before bed. There aged 4 and nearly 6. Esmae my 8 month old loves the touchy feely books 

• Options

My little Nancy is going to be 2 this month. She loves to read most books but her current favourite is an old classic 'Goodnight Moon' we read under her duvet on the floor in her bedroom every night whilst we wait for her bath to run 😍 She thinks it's fun x

• Options

Our little girl is only 20 months but probably nrings me books 5 times a day so we just read as and when! I try to encourage it so try not to say no if possible. She is slowly getting into books with more of a storyline now. She loves The Very hungry caterpillar.

• Options

My 3 year old loves to read books. He has a huge selection of books and we also go to the library once a week and bring some home from there to read too. 

• Options

I have 2 daughters Evie is 3 and is autistic and Esme is 2. Both girls love story's Evie loves pop up books and story's where mommy puts funny voice on.esme loves reading all types of books and will read at home and at nursery. We tend to,have a book just before bed with I nice warm drink of milk. At the moment she loves her peppa pig books.

• Options

My twin girls aged 14 months love reading anything with animals in, especially cats! We only have one teletubbies book which is well loved by both girls. I enjoy reading books with bright colours or big pictures that way the girls can interact and tell me what they see in each photo! image

The best time to read with my girls is all the time! I have books all over the house that they can choose from its a big part of their growing up :) but sometimes we like to sit and watch teletubbies on tv instead hehe

• Options

It's all about Roald Dahl in our house. His were a favourite for me as a child too!  It's so important I feel to start reading to a child very early on & it's great for a good bedtime routine.

• Options

My youngest Willow loves Teletubbies & loves to read <3

• Options

My son and I have story time every night, he has just turned two and already he likes to pick the book we read, reading has brought on some any new words and expressions. It's a wonderful time

• Options

My little boy is animal mad so loves to read any story books about animals. When the baby goes down for a nap we snuggle on the sofa and read some stories as it means I can give him my undivided attention for a bit. Calm in the chaos!  

• Options

I meant to add my boy is 4 x 

• Options

We love nothing more than snuggling up on the sofa with a book! We're trying to get our way through fairy tales at the moment! Ava (5 months old) loves it when I put different voices on.... even got her chuckling a few times! 

• Options

imageWe have read to our 4 year old most evenings since he was very young and he's now enjoying sharing and reading his favourite book the 10 Ladybirds to his 10 month old brother. He especially likes the evenings that daddy gets home before bedtime and this is their special time together. 

• Options

My son is 3 years old and we always read 3 stories before bed, as well as whenever he wants to during the day - his bookshelf in the living room so he often chooses a book which he wants to read. His favourites at the moment are lift the flap books and ones with a good rhyme - current top picks are the Acorn Wood series and Oi Frog. I pick ones with lovely pictures, like Nancy Tillman's books, or ones with a sneaky educational twist - counting/ phonics/ spot the...books. Some long-standing favourites of us both are Janet & Allen Ahlberg books and the Hairy Maclary series. 

• Options

My twins are 3 and love looking at the pictures in the books so I make sure to buy fairytales with interesting pictures for them to look at while I read the story to them.  We cuddle up on the bed all together for story time before they go to sleep.  They love it even more when their dad joins us so we try to make sure we make enough time to do it regularly.

• Options

My 2 year old loves to read about all animals and aeroplanes and loves the book guess how much I loveyou she loves a story when she gets in from nursery 

• Options

We can get through several books before bed. My particular favourite is 'Who Flung Dung'. I love the story even if it is a little gross! (kids love poo and farts)

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions