Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Egmont about the special times you spend reading with your child – voucher and books to win

Replies

• Options

imageIts good to start them young and develop a passion for books and reading, here is Elliana engrossed in her book at only 3 months old!

• Options

imageimage

We love reading, both my husband and myself are big readers and this has rubbed off on to our 4 year old son. He will happily spend hour after hour with his nose in a book and I am yet to find a book he won't read. We read story books while enjoying breakfast together and longer, chapter based books at bedtime. 

At the moment we are reading how to train your dragon, but we are both big Harry Potter fans. His favourite things to read are factual books which he loves to spend his weekends reading when we don't have school or work to worry about.

• Options

imageimage

We love reading, both my husband and myself are big readers and this has rubbed off on to our 4 year old son. He will happily spend hour after hour with his nose in a book and I am yet to find a book he won't read. We read story books while enjoying breakfast together and longer, chapter based books at bedtime. 

At the moment we are reading how to train your dragon, but we are both big Harry Potter fans. His favourite things to read are factual books which he loves to spend his weekends reading when we don't have school or work to worry about.

• Options

We started with the Very Hungry Caterpillar and then came the Gruffalo as an ultimate favourite... we read everywhere as I always had a book with me in my bag. It made waiting at the surgery, bank, etc a lot more easier. Now she enjoys reading a lot - at bedtime, we read a story for her and then she picks up a chapter book and reads for herself (and her teddy bear :).

• Options

we love to read bedtime stories together

• Options

my three year old loves any picture books with animals in it. we read after lunch!

• Options

I've recently enjoyed reading Guess How Much I love You. It is such a sweet story and the illustrations are brilliant. Then my daughter and I tell each other how much we love each other. My daughter said "I love you more than 10 chocolate cakes"!

• Options

I read every night to my three year old and have done since he was born, His favourite books at the moment are green eggs and ham, Mr greedy, room on a broom and any from his paw patrol collection! It's so lovely seeig him get excited over books I loved as a child! (Green eggs and ham) I hope he loves to read more more as he grows <3

• Options

Story time is a very important part of our day. Now my daughter is older then she reads her book from school then its mummy's turn before she goes to sleep. It gives us the opportunity to snuggle up together and spend some quality time together. Books we are reading at present are Roald Dahl and David Walliams. Im dreading the day she no longer wants me to read to her because she's to old for it.

• Options

I love to it sit with my neice before bed and read with her  its the most special time and always helps her wind down before bed. her fave book is guess how much i love you.

• Options

I currently read around 4-5 books to my daughter a day. Mainly during the day and then one at night. She is only 18 months at the moment thought, so she appears more interested in touchy feely or musical books and getting her to wait until I have finished reading before she changes the page is a struggle, but she definitely loves book regardless xxx

• Options

My girls love listening to stories, my eldest favorite type of books are about princesses and my 2 year old loves any kind of story. We do our story time before bed, it's always abit chaotic with a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a newborn but we love it. We all curl up on the sofa and the girls have milk and listen to me or daddy read a few books . 

• Options

My daughter is 4 and she loves books that has animals in it as she loves animals..she pretends to be a wolf in little red riding hood or some times oink like a pig when we are reading..and I must say her knowledge of animal sounds or where they live, what they eat is much better than me..i believe because of the stories only.image

• Options

My son loves when I read The Best Bear in All the world to him, he would sit for hours and hours as long as he gets to hold the book and point to the pictures and says "bear" when he wants me to read the book he goes to his book corner and I say choose a book and 9/10 he chooses that one. I love reading to him as he enjoys it and educates him. He's a bit To young to read himself but I feel this will encourage him to do so when he is ready

• Options

I love to read to my grandchildren as I can have one on one time with them, as that time is special to me as it is to them

• Options

I spend so many special moments reading with my 2 year old son from him learning his colours to him learning words and also reading his favourite books. He enjoys learning whilst reading and also loves choosing his favourite books to read. We usually read every evening before bed and it really relaxes him down. We would love to win this as his a huge Teletubbies fan. 

• Options

Our daughter loves books and we encourage that as much as possible. We spend time everyday reading to her, and always make some time during our pre bed routine to read her book of choice before she goes up. This usually ends up being more than one book which isn't a bad thing. She is just turned 2 but already have some great sets of books for her to grow into including Roald Dahl. 

• Options

We read after baths with bedtime feed and snuggles with my 7 year old and 1 year old because it's a nice relaxing thing before bed

• Options

i read to my daughter every night before bed, shes just turned one so we stick to short stories just now but i think it helps with her learning new words, is a great bonding experience and is an excuse to cuddle up together

• Options

We love reading to the children- every night in bed and before they could read, LOTs during the say. Especially Roald Dahl and then Harry Potter as they got older. I read to my babies too. 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions