Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Egmont about the special times you spend reading with your child – voucher and books to win

123457»

Replies

• Me & my 4year old son read a lot but mainly at bedtime he loves the faraway tree at the moment

• I always read to my children just before bedtime, it's lovely quality time. I also let the children read their books from school to me when we get in from school .

• My son always has access to books and whenever he asks for a story I will read to him but I especially love bedtime stories where he gets his favourite blanket and we cuddle up and I read a story to him watching him getting captivated by it and ready to go continue the adventures of the story in his dreams.

He is four years old and I'm especially enjoying reading to him the stories that I enjoyed as a child such as Each Peach Pear Plum and The Tiger Who Came For Tea. He is really loving the Funny Bones book at the moment.

• We read very regularly, having a 3, 5 and a 6 year olds who are all in different stages of learning means we have a huge range of books. Our eldest can read but still enjoys bedtime story moments and has now moved to books that have less pictures and more words, with him we have just started the Harry Potter series, his year younger brother who is in reception loves the Dinosaur that pooped books, nothing beats hearing his belly laughter when he listens to those stories. Our youngest just turned 3 and loves Bing, The Teletubbies and traditional Disney princess books. Reading especially at bedtime calms our trio and gives us an added bond. I also personally think books are so much better to feed their growing imagination than tv ximage

• This is so true! My 8 and 6 year old are doing so well at school due to being read a bedtime story every night and from having a story after meal times. Now they enjoy reading David Walliams, Roald Dahl Harry Potter and fact books like guineas world records. They love reading to younger family members and still like hearing mummy read. This is a great prize to stock up on books and read to the little ones. Xx 

• My son Jordan loves Mr Men. The pages are so raggedy as each one has been read a hundred times, he loves them! We my need to add little Miss' books to the collection soon as he has memorised a lot of them and reads ahead!  

• My 6 year old loves Princess stories and classic stories like Peter Rabbit, familiar stories she can read or have read to her. My 4 year old loves books where she can join in eg pop up books, and where you can lift flaps etc. She prefers more rhyming style stories that have fun illustrations. 

• Hello everyone, thanks so much for entering this competition and all your wonderful pictures and posts.

This competition is now closed and we will announce the winner by Monday 1st May, so please do watch out for a thread update! 

In the meantime we're going to lock this thread, but will reopen it to post the winner update soon. Good luck! 

• Hi everyone,
    Thank you all again for taking the time to enter this competition and share your wonderful stories and pictures.

We're just reopening this thread to announce the winners.

The winner of the voucher and Teletubbies book bundle is icklejen.
    And the two runners up who take home Teletubbies book bundles are Vhall254 and Jojofrog. We will be in touch this week to send your prizes out. 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions