Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weaning your baby on to solid food: share your best tips with HiPP Organic. Voucher to win!

Replies

• Ice cube trays are great for freezing baby-sized portions.

• Batch cook and freeze purees in individual portions. I can thoroughly recommend the Annabelle Karmel recipes.

• Take notice of when your baby is ready to wean & move onto the next stage all babies are different. Try different foods baby tend my son would eat anything now he is so fussy

• Let your toddler eat from your plate, it really encourages them to try foods if they see you eat them first

• Before you rush to wipe away the mess from your babies' face encourage them to lick it off themselves!  This helps develop better tongue and mouth muscles and for safe eating - but also to help with developing talking later on!

• Take note of what your baby is telling you, they tell you when they are ready for solids

• My top weaning tip is not to stressed. If you are relaxed about food your child will be too

• don't be afraid to try different foods, sometimes it takes a while to see if they do like it, they might even spit it out over a dozen times before they even get the taste

• it can take a child up to twenty times to develop a taste for certain foods so offer it again if it has been rejected, persevere and dont worry too much 

• Hi mine would be to start with the veggies. I put down my daughter's love of  vegetables to this. And relax, it is a very long process, you will both get there eventually. 

• My eldest daughter is now 26 and she was a fussy eater as a tot, probably because she was my first! I remember giving her tiny bites of things I was eating when first weaning her onto solids. She especially loved apple that I pre-chewed to soften and put in her mouth. She is not impressed when I remind her of it but in this way she got food at the right temperature and she was sharing our food from the very beginning.

• I think its important to note that pit falls happen - its ok to revert back to milk only - move forward only as much as its comfortable for the baby - he/she does not care about milestones 

• my son loved banana and avocado :)

• Don't rush - babies are all different so let your little one take their time and make sure you mix up the tastes and textures 

• My boys loved sweet potato and pear mixed together... personally think it sounds hideous.. but they couldn't get enough of it!

• Don't force it. You'll put pressure on yourself and the little one. Relax and let it come naturally. 

Eating your own food in front of/while holding the little one can help make eating seem more normal. A little lick of your ice cream for example can start the process.

• Start small and get them used to all kinds of tastes and textures. If they don’t like something try it again in a couple of months as their taste buds continue to develope. And most importantly don’t stress. Baby picks these things up so keep mealtime fun. Good luck. X

• I have dohe this four times and about to embark on my fifth! Always start small - Carrots first and then I add some sweet potato and puree it. It creates a great mess so have your camera ready! 

Start little and build it up - it is just about getting a taste at first. 

Most of all enjoy it and try not to get stressed out

• I found if they didn't like a vegetable, gradually add a little into mashed potato to ease them into it.

• My advice is do what's best for you.I did baby led and I also blended food too so I did combined feeding which works for us.if she wanted to pick something of my plate and suck it I let her

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions