Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell English Heritage which Get Hands-on with History event you’d take your child to. Voucher to win

Replies

• ZooLab’s animal encounters for us! Its all about animals in out house at the mo

• My grandchildren would love the Clash of the Romans at Old Sarum. Always great to watch a re-enactment. We could explore Old Sarum, there's lots of opportunity for discussion and learning and then try their hand at archery, which they love.

• It would have to be 'Clash of the Roman's' at Old Sarum in Wiltshire for Us. Both of my kids loved Romans as their history topics, really enjoyed their school trip to Roman ruins and their Roman feast at school. I took them to some NT Roman ruins also so this looks great to learn more and keep their interest going! 

• We would like the clash of knights at bolsover castle - my eldest daughter (8) loves history and my youngest daughter (5) would love to watch the joists - and k think my husband would enjoy it too! Bolsover castle is a great place to visit, haven't been since before youngest was born so would love to go back!

• Beeston Castle Outdoor Adventures sounds good

• Medieval Festival at Kenilworth Castle - my boys would be crazy excited!

• We would love to go the Victorian Children Festival. My boys went to a Victorian Christmas event last year and were fascinated by everything, it would be great to show them more history and for them to experience it.

• Beeston Castle sounds great my kids would love the jousting

• Scarborough Kite Festival - my 10 month old is fascinated by watching birds fly and trees in the wind so I think she would love watching all the kites in the sky. I would also love it as I enjoy power kiting, it is always enjoyable watching people display their talents.

• Beeston Castle - Joust! Tournament and Melee - my 6 year old boy loves Knights (he would like to be one when he grows up!) My 3 year old daughter loves horses - so a great combination of both. Also who doesn't love A Knights Tale - so if it reminds us of the film. That can be no bad thing. 

• As a family we do enjoy English heritage events but  I really  hope to go  Victoria's Fabulous Garden Party on the Isle of Wight . we love the IOW and this event just sounds amazing fun and educational 

• Victoria's Fabulous Garden Party would be great for my little one! She loves to run around the garden and explore so this would be amazing!

• Dover Castles WWII weekend would keep our 12 year old happy as well as us.

• I'd love to take my boys to Clash of the Romans at Wroxeter. It's not that far from us but we've never made it to visit and the weekend events sound amazing! My eldest is studying the Romans at school at the moment but they'd both love it!

• My Girls love to wander around Chester looking at all the old building and hearing tales of Romans and their lives in Chester (mostly made up by their mother) Then a visit to the Cathedral (more tales of Stone Masons) Then off for a slap up Afternoon Tea. Oh! Oh! those cakes .............. 

• My almost one year old daughter I ink would love the victorian children's festival. She's so fascinated with colours and loves being around lots of people. I reckon a punch and judy show would really hit the mark!

• Zoolabs animal encounters 

• Kenilworth Castle, Warwickshire to travel back to an age of chivalrous knights, jolly jesters image

• WWII Weekend at Dover castle. My two sons are autistic and are fascinated with castles and learning about the war. This would be their idea of heaven 😃

• Clash of Knights at Bolsover Castle as it's not far from where I live, plus o have a two year old and a seven year old and I think they would both enjoy this event.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions