Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell English Heritage which Get Hands-on with History event you’d take your child to. Voucher to win

Replies

• Options

We would all love to go to the The Clash of the Romans!  I've always been fascinated by the Romans since I was a child and my little one is also interested after I've taken (or dragged!) her all around Roman sites in the uk

• Options

Jousting at Kenilworth Castle as it will bring what children learn at school or see on the TV or in books into reality and at Kenilworth in the splendour and atmospheric setting it is a brilliant day out.

• Options

We would have to go to the WWII weekend at Dover Castle. My son is obsessed with everything related to WWII. He would love this so much.

• Options

ZooLab’s animal encounters would be my choice as my little girl is fascinated with animals. She would love the chance to learn more about them and maybe even get to hold or stroke them.

• Options

my boys would love zoolab animal encounters xx

• Options

We would love to do the Zoo Lab, my son absolutely loves learning about animals. Any of the castles would also be amazing, I love history and can't wait to introduce myself on now that he is old enough 

• Options

I’d love to take my kids to Whitby Abbey

• Options

I'd love to take my daughter to Eltham Palance, London, Mon 28 May - Fri 1 June - the Kings & Queens themed event - as she likes to think she's a little queen! :)

• Options

I would love to take my children to the Victorian Christmas event at audley end as we went a few years ago and it was a special day with happy memories

• Options

My daughter is 3 and would love the Zoolab animal encounters. She loves all animals

• Options

The fabulous joust tournament at Bestow Castle as mine are obsessed with playing knights and castles at the moment! 

• Options

The zoolab animal encounters at Brodsworth Hall. My little girl absolutely loves animals and is so excited when she has the chance to see or meet different types

• Options

My little Knight would love Bolsover Castle, Derbyshire, CLASH OF KNIGHTS for that moment of Triumph at the end of the drill. Who doesn't love a Knight in shining armour 

• Options

Clash of the Romans is probably the nearest. Parc Asterix in France is loved by my boys as they love Roman Soldiers, swords.... mock fights and battles image Long Ships are also on the radar image In France a lot of the castles encourage children to dress up and wander the castles meeting people along the way, kids enjoy the sights and smells of the time and learn along the way I think it's a very important way of teaching, my boys have learnt a lot and shared with friends in school etc. Incidentally Caerphilly Big Cheese has battle re-enactments during their two day festival and hawk displays, they always go down well image it's definately a way of encouraging children to love and learn history. 

• Options

Zoolab animal encounters because my daughter who's 7 loves animals so much

• Options

My two boys would love the zoolabs animal experience.  They are learning all about animals at school and just yesterday my son was asking when we can go to the zoo again (he recently did a trip with his school).

• Options

Kenilworth Castle as my 5 year old granddaughter loves me telling her stories of history

• Options

To Warwick Castle, the Battle of Roses.

• Options

I'd like to take my son, age 7, to Hands On History - Creepy Crawly Castle because what kid doesn't want to get hands on with creepy crawlies image

• Options

Burton Agnes Hall we love the play area and woodland walk then going for a lovely cup of tea

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions