Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell English Heritage which Get Hands-on with History event you’d take your child to. Voucher to win

Replies

• Options

Archaeology Discovery at Chesters Roman Fort. My 10 yr old daughter loves searching for treasure, she has a small collection of broken crockery (Argos, circa 1996!) that she found in our garden and would be so excited to explore a real dig site.

• Options

We would love to visit VICTORIA'S FABULOUS GARDEN PARTY Osborne, Isle of Wight, because my little girl loves exploring outside and looking at flowers as well as cake 

• Options

Seen this too late but the Battle Bug Hunt sounds like it would have been perfect for my girls age 9 and 6. We've been meaning to go and see the new playground and visitor centre there for ages. I'm going to keep an eye out for similar things in the summer holidays!

• Options

Jousting at Beeston Castle Sounds like something my son Jacob age 12 would love 

• Options

The "JOUST! TOURNAMENT AND MELEE" at Beeston Castle, Cheshire, Sun 27 & Mon 28 May Sounds just perfect for my 11 year old son. He's watched lots of jousting in films but would love to see it for real.

• Options

The children would love a visit to CONISBROUGH CASTLE. They enjoy being outdoors , have an inquisitive mind, and anything to do with castles 

• Options

THE KITE FESTIVAL at Scarborough Castle, North Yorkshire, Sat 27 - Mon 29 May, next year, let's go!!!!

• Options

We went To Victorias fabulous garden party. It was a blast! My little girl loved it

• Options

on the Roman Wall in Northumberland there are special days when children can dress as Romans and be instructed by a soldier on how to fight with swords and to work in formation to beat the enemy

• Options

My children would love to attend the 'Creepy Crawly Castle' at Kenilworth Castle because they are fascinated by animals, especially anything strange or exotic, and I think the setting would be perfect to make a whole day of fun. 

• Options

There’s way too many cool events to choose from but I’d probably be a bit selfish and take them to Dracula at Whitby Abbey, North Yorkshire. Mostly because we’re from Yorkshire as well and secondly, well because vampires :D 

• Options

JOUST! TOURNAMENT AND MELEE

Beeston Castle - My children would love this being out in the Cheshire countryside at a real castle! Learning about the history whilst partaking in a Joust. 

• Options

The joust tournament at Beeston Castle as my nephews have always been a huge fan of watching this and would love to see it live 

• Options

I would love to take my son to the -

JOUST! TOURNAMENT AND MELEE
    Beeston Castle, Cheshire He has laways loved knights and jousting he has a knights costume and loves racing around the garden on his bike with a sword pretending hes a knight. he would be so chuffed to see real (nearly) knights doing real jousting.

• Options

VICTORIA'S FABULOUS GARDEN PARTY - It sounds and looks like a fantastic time for all the family

• Options

We went to CASTLE OF LEGEND in Cornwall and had a amazing time. My son loved the circus skills

• Options

Audley End House and Gardens would be a fabulous place to take all three of my grandsons for a picnic and a fun day out 

• Options

I would love to take my daughter Heidi (Age 7) to Dracula at Whitby Abbe she is really interested in all things spooky! This sounds incredible and right up her street! 
    Lovely location too.

• Options

My little grandson would love the Medieval Festival at Kenilworth Castle

• Options

I would like to take my sons to st. George’s day at wrest Park! 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions