Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell English Heritage which Get Hands-on with History event you’d take your child to. Voucher to win

Replies

• I would love to take my son to the ZooLab’s animal encounters because he absolutely loves all animals and this would be ideal to keep him entertained!

• Audley End House and gardens would be great for a picnic with my 3 grandsons xxx

• I would take my children to the Roman day at Old Sarum. My son has just learnt all about the Romans at school, and both of them are mad about history.

• My daughter aged 14 would like to go the Victorian Childrens Festival at Witley Court & Gardens she would love making her own magical potion with snake oil man.

• The joust tournament at Beeston Castle, my grandaughter would love this

• Kenilworth Castle, Warwickshire, would be our choice. It is only about 25 minutes drive from our home and it's a real castle which is great for imaginative play. Our two 8 year old grandchildren would love to  see crawly creatures and beastly bugs in a learning environment as they are interested in all things wriggly!

• The Roman Fort in Northumberland sounds fantastic. My son is fascinated by the Romans, especially after watching The Revolting Romans on Horrible Histories. It is also on the syllabus next year at school. It would be a great family day out 

• my kids would love Jousting at Beeston Castle - they love knights :)

• Definitely Dracula at Whitby Abbey! My daughter loves spooky things and Scooby doo - she would love a Dracula event!

• Creepy Crawlies Castle at Kenilworth castle is a must for us.  We often go on 'bug hunts' in the countryside so to see the insects that you would find in Kenilworth was facinating for Freya and I.  Freya also wants to be a Princess when she is older so to meet a 'real' princess was another highlight of a great day.

• We would love to go to the CREEPY CRAWLY CASTLE in Warwickshire. My 5 year old loves castles an toddler twins love animals! This would be an amazing family day ot. We always looks out for family trips arounds historical gardens, buildings and places! This would be so much fun and its not too far away from us. Thank you.

• I'd take our son to Meet The Toy Makers @ Audley End House. He'd love the toys and it would be interesting for us adults too!

• would love to take my family to Joust! Tournament and Melee perfect for my family to watch the jousting watching every man for himself !

• It has to be Victoria's fabulous garden party! It looks like so much fun, plus it involves sun, sea, tea and cake. What more could you want. I love the location too. Everything you need for an unforgettable day out.

• My 3 children, twin boys age 5 and girl aged 8, would absolutely love the Creepy Crawley castle event at Kenilworth Castle. This would be their top choice because not only would they encounter some interesting beasties (they would just love this as they adore all animal life) but they would also be able to explore the castle, learn weapon handling, sword fighting skills and meet 'real life' medieval princesses and knights, fantastic!

• Dracula at Whitby Abbey, North Yorkshire

• To the Train the Troops event at Wrest Park, Bedfordshire!  My son would enjoy learning how to be a soldier!

• We would have loved the Dracula performance at Whitby, we love to be scared in this house. Gutted we didn't know about it since Whitby is so close, hope it happens again!

• zoolabs animal encounters sounds amazing, my oldest son loves animals and getting up close to them and learning more about them and how to care for them. This is the kind of experience I know they would never forget.

• My 13 year old loves natural history. He would have a great time enjoying the ZOOLAB ANIMAL ENCOUNTERS at Belsay Hall. Thank you! 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions