Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Lyclear your stories and thoughts about head lice: vouchers to win!

Replies

• Options

We try to keep the kids hair in plaits and the tea tree oil spray seems to have prevented anything so far

• Options

Personally I have not experienced in but my niece and nephew have had a few problems in the past and it is always difficult to find an appropriate solution. One has shoulder length hair and the other just covers their ears. I would really like to test Lyclear Treatment Shampoo on both of them and hopefully the ideal solution is not too far away

• Options

My daughter had head lice quite a few times. I spotted few big ones when they came in comb and was quite horrified. Then i just washed her hair with head lice treatment shampoo and applied tea tree spray to repel afterwards. I always looked through the hair to find nits/eggs and pulling them off to avoid further reproduction.

• Options

I took my young niece out on a very hot and sunny day to our favourite place then it was a trip to wander around the shops and go have fish and chips at my friends parents chippie. 

Whilst in the newsagents she started scratching her head like mad and the shop owner commented on it and we put it down to it being really hot, though I took a good look once we stepped outside just to make sure and saw nothing at the time.

Bath and shampoo time later on, and still nothing...Shared the bed when she woke in the night, not just with me, but with her Grandma too....And oddly enough, both Mum and I started scratching too!....Infested! LOL 

We still laugh about it to this day. 

• Options

My son recently got nits at school.. When I told him he had nits, he said that he was so confused because there are no pets at school so he had no idea why he had nits!
    Bless him, after I explained, he had nits... not flees he understood and we used lots of conditioner in his hair to comb the nits out in the bath. We use a repellent shampoo now to help keep them away. My daughter started school in September and she has lovely long hair which he likes to have down, so we would like to try a bottle of Lyclear as so far, we have stuck to the older traditional way to get rid of nits and would love to try something else when the time comes.

• Options

I can't believe how lucky I've been as I have two girls and neither of them have had head lice!

• Options

My little grand-daughter moved school last year, then came to stay with me for the October week's holiday.  We had lots of plans, but alas, having noticed her scratching  her head regularly on the first day, I took her into my local chemist where I discussed the possibility of 'nits' with the pharmacist who took us into a private consulting room and examined grand-daughters hair.  Conclusion: nits!  With an appropriate treatment in hand we rushed home to commence treatment. Instructions said to treat in the morning and wash out before bed, but I couldn't wait!  On it went before bedtime. It was slimy and disgusting and smelt horrible!  I put a soft towel over her pillow and I'm glad I did; in the morning the towel was saturated with the stuff!  All of that week I washed her hair daily with tea tree oil shampoo then applied a spray on tea tree conditioner before fine combing.  She was nit free when she went home.  We didn't get to go on our planned adventures that week but we completed two 100 piece jigsaws, visited the library, watched a few films, baked some sponge cakes and had a lovely time together! 

• Options

My daughter Mollie is 7 and is donating her hair to the Little Princess Trust.  We have also raised nearly £500 for her to donate to make a wig for a little girl who does not have any hair.  Anyway last week she came home with the dreaded nits.  After some furious googling and a few home remedies and bought treatments later it looks as though the nits and eggs have gone.  So we are back on track for the donating of the hair.  Poor soul when she found out that all the money goes to the charity.  A £200 Amazon voucher I am sure would soften the blow.

• Options

They will come... I'm dreading them. Luckily our eldest hair is fine

• Options

Luckily none of my boys have had them yet but i can remember when i was young i got them and it being a constant battle for my mum as she seemed to be treating me all the time or at least it felt that way for me . 

• Options

Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner always seemed to work for us

• Options

Having 4 grandchildren it has always been a big operation when they get nits and head lice. It takes so much time on bath night to organise the ritual we have to go through. from getting all the tools and lotions ready the kitchen roll, the towels, the rota to follow from doing Jack first he has the shortest of hair and is the quickest. Then our Izzy she is 6 years old now and she is always done next because she just cannot sit still for long her hair is shoulder length. Then the 2 oldest girls ages 11 and 12 years old. They both have long hair. It has taken hours before and I was sick of my life having to do this ritual. They have had nits a lot when they were younger.  But with something like Lyclear that has cut down on all that time. It is embarrassing when you go to the hairdressers and they cannot cut the kids hair. Then you have to treat yourself as well of course. I know that everyone says you dont have to wash the pillows but I do and all the towels and I out all their hair brushes and nit combs etc in a big bowl with boiling water and dettol. Its so time consuming but its not something you can ignore. I wish someone would invent a machine you can just stick your head in and they are treated within a couple of minutes.

• Options

I remember an outbreak of nits when I was at boarding school 50 years ago. Matron, who was one of those old-fashioned, take no prisoners, battleaxe types with short grey hair and a starched blue uniform, insisted that all the boarders had to be treated, as she did not want to have to examine each one of us. The treatment was a foul-smelling dark brown viscous substance that we had to rub on our scalps, and then we were all given plastic shower caps to put on. We had to wear them for 24 hours, so of course in class the next day all the day girls laughed at us and called us names. However, we had the last laugh as they were sent home with a letter saying they needed treatment too, so the following day they all appeared wearing the plastic shower caps and it was payback time!

• Options

When my daughter was young, she caught head lice and we tried many different treatments to try to get rid of them.  We went to Canada on holiday, and I thought it would be a good idea to ask the pharmacist there what they used for head lice.  Well, I asked, and the pharmacist jumped back and reacted with sheer horror, telling me they had nothing at all to recommend, and he wanted us to leave at once!  I was so shocked at his unprofessional attitude and it made me feel terrible! I slunk away and never mentioned head lice in Canada again!

• Options

I remember all four of my children getting head lice. My oldest daughter who was 7 at the time got them really bad to the point her whole neck was red raw and bleeding badly. She has really thick ginger hair, felt so bad for her as she was in so much pain. Head lice is going around the school she's at and im absolutely dreading her getting them again :(

• Options

my son had headlice a couple of times but lyclear always got rid of them

• Options

After going through a particularly bad few weeks of head lice when it seemed they were re-infected almost every day my Son made me a card saying 'Thank you for getting rid of my nits' complete with pictures of dead beasties! image

• Options

I had nits as a kid as it’s really common and nothing to be worried about. My two little ones who are 3 and 4 haven’t had it yet but im prepared for when/if they do. 

We got the combs at hand and the shampoos are great. I will most defiantly try Lyclear if mine happen to catch nits. 

Also when you hear people speak of that nits prefer dirty hair, this is a myth and they prefer any kind of hair!! 

Lastly, thank you so much for the competition 🙂 and good luck everyone.

• Options

My kids have had headlice at infant school and I used a headlice spray which was simple and easy to use and didnt smell at all, not like they used to. I also find wet combing with a metal comb is great for clearing the hair of lice, I smother the hair in conditioner and comb through wiping the comb each time on a piece of white toilet paper, i repeat this for two weeks every bathtime to make sure my child is nit free 

• Options

Both my children had head lice when they were younger, but we soon treated them and got rid of them.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions