Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How do you treat yourself now you’re pregnant/a new mum? Tell Palmer’s Cocoa Butter: voucher to win!

Replies

• I try to get some me time whenever I can, lots of willing babysitters :)

• making sure i take time out to not forget i can still socialsee with friends!! my dad will usually happily babysit whilst i meet my friendd for coffee

• I book a regular hot stone massage or have a mooch around the shops on my own

• A little pamper night here and there, candles, processco, a big bubble bath and a shave! 😂

• Hi! Partner and I have just found out we are expecting our first baby, we are beyond excited and can't get ready for his/her arrival quick enough! Now I'm an expectant mummy my hubby has relieved me of all domestic duties, unfortunately work haven't done the same, but I love my job. I'm a support worker, caring for young adults with learning disabilities. I treat myself to a wine glass of lime and soda, don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Living on mushrooms and asparagus 😍

I have two indoor Persian cats and a little dog and when I have a day off I love sitting in my local park while Holly dog runs around and I sip on a decaf cappuccino.

Working in care is amazing but certainly doesn't pay well, £200 voucher would be lovely to spoil my miracle with!

Good luck and congratulations to all new expectant mummy's and mummy's already hard at work with their little ones ♥️♥️

• Running around after a toddler and a baby leaves me feeling frazzled and exhausted much of the time; but I treat myself whenever I get the opportunity, as it's important to look after ourselves. This gives us extra reserves to dig deep and keep going when the tiredness reaches epic proportions! I will try and have an early night once a week to catch up on sleep; a movie night at home with my husband once a fortnight; a catch-up on the phone with friends when the children are napping. I enter holiday competitions to try and win a dream trip for my family! l have the odd glass of wine every couple of weeks after the children go to bed. When I can get away for an hour, I treat myself to an occasional Thai massage. It is an indulgence on maternity pay, but round-the-clock breastfeeding is tough on the back, so I feel it is well-deserved. Last but not least, I treat myself with life-affirming chocolate! 

• Make sure I sit down and have a cup of tea before I rush about trying to do other chores 

• I love getting a bubble bath in peace! I take a magazine and relax for an hour in the bath!

• Now I'm a new Mum, I sometimes forget to treat myself. The only thing I like to do is relax in a hot bath, couple of candles and a (small) glass of wine,  when husband comes home and he's able to keep his eye on our son.

• My one luxury is some extra time in bed to catch up on beauty sleep, followed by a quiet and relaxing bath with music playing- no interruptions.

Its great just to be able to have the time to become half human again with no need to think about anything else for a while.

• Currently pregnant with number three I delegard a lot more to the other half than I did before, particularly to get some quiet time through the day. Sometimes I watch two shows on my streaming site! 

• I treat myself to a new garment once a month, since the baby I have changed shape and my old clothes do not fit as well or suit my new mum lifestyle. 

• I loved putting some body oil or body butter on after a shower when I was pregnant. I still enjoy it now although showers after my little girl are limited to 2 minute ones! I still try and find some quiet time when my daughter is asleep to listen to my book (love audible!) and have a cup of tea. I used to go to a lot of mummy fitness classes with baby to get myself back into shape. However now I have a few months of ML left, I try and see friends more often in the week.

• Now I'm pregnant I like to give myself some chill out time and treat myself to some nice candles

• MMeet a friend for cake or lunch. Have a shower..... sometimes it really is the little things that count!

• I always treat myself to a glass of wine on a Friday night now I'm a new mum, and treat myself to cashmere socks!

• Now that I’m pregnant with our third and final baby Im really enjoying soaking my feet in a foot bath and using an exfoliating scrub to massage my feet and ankles, it really helps me to relax especially if I’ve had a tough day at work! 

• have coffee with other mums

• having time to have a lovely soak in a hot bub bath and reading some of my book

• I make sure that I make time for myself, just me. We live in the country side so for me that's a relaxing walk along the river every morning. It relaxes my mind and I get the added bonus of being active.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions