Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Aunt Bessie’s what makes your roast dinner the best and why: £200 voucher up for grabs!

Replies

• Options
    It brings the whole family together
  • Options
    My husband makes the best roast dinner because he produces the crispiest, fluffiest roast potatoes and gets amazing crackling on the roast prok!
  • Options
    It’s definitely special because of who I share it with! We often eat with the children and grandparents and we love it. My husband would say my roasts are the best because I often do his favourite - gammon - and slow cook it all day so it’s so tender it barely needs cutting 😊
  • Options
    Mine is the best because my husband cooks it (and he's very good).
  • Options
    Well the food is great of course!  But what makes it the best is that everyone is involved in preparation and eating as a family with no tech!  It is good quality catch up time!
  • Options
    I make sure I include something for everyon, even those with limited diets
  • Options
    My roast potatoes. I've mastered the art of the crispiest, fluffiest roastie.
  • Options
    I used to always make my own yorkies but there is absolutely no need as the Aunt Bessie ones are better than any I can make. My home made gravy is a must though, there would be a riot if I invited everyone over for a roast and didn't serve it!
  • Options
    Everyone in my family has different tastes, but everyone loves a roast dinner. Its the one meal where, everyone sits around the table for hours, talking, recapping, and discussing like no other meal does. I don't know whether it is the meat, the veg or the Yorkshires, but there is something special about a Sunday Roast. 
  • Options
    The trimmings make it. Leeks in cheese sauce and honey glazed parsnips are favourites in our home.
  • Options
    Crispy roasties and homemade gravy! It's such a nice way to end the week!
  • Options
    Steven ScraseSteven Scrase Regular
    edited Mar 6, 2019 8:51AM
    It's all about the Roasties, if they are crispy but fluffy inside still then t's bound to be a winner.
  • Options
    Our Sunday roast dinner brings our family together and even friends, I always cook extra as never know who is coming for dinner, it brings people together 
  • Options
    Some of my family are Coeliac so I need to make sure everything is gluten free for them to enjoy without missing out.
    I make sure the whole roast dinner is gluten free so everyone can eat everything and there is no fear of cross contamination.
    Then everyone relaxes and tucks in. The gravy will be thick, the potatoes will be plentiful and crispy. There will be Yorkshire puds and lots of veg.
    Chit cat stops for a bit while we all just enjoy our food, and then because I cooked it I am relieved of any washing up duties so I can just relax.
  • Options
    Having time to spend with family with a relaxed atmosphere and delicious food. 
  • Options
    It has to be the homemade Yorkshire Puddings - the hubsters are getting better but are just as good and then the homemade gravy! We love it as it means we are all finally together after a super busy week of work and fun and we can all catch up on where we are headed for the week ahead. 
  • Options
    I make lovely roast potatoes and always cook extra for some bubble and squeak the next day. It brings my family together and we all get to catch up while having a home cooked delicious meal.
  • Options
    Our yorkshire puddings. Always used to use the ones you chuck in the oven for 5 minutes until we discovered Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire Pudding Mix. Now we make our own and they are amazing. 

• Options
    Being French, roast lunches are not a big thing, and, thankfully, my Welsh husband is happy with that.  But we find beef too expensive and too dry (gravy is not popular in our house), so we usually settle for pork.  With almost-overcooked and crunchy potatoes and another vegetable (perhaps broccoli or carrots), it makes a roast we can all enjoy.  And, for a special occasion, duck and whole (unsliced) green beans is perfect! 
  • Options
    We are a family that love aunt Bessie Yorkshire puddings along with the roast potatoes of which I could eat and eat and eat.  If I didn’t have these food items on a plate with the rest of our Sunday roast there would be world war 3.  
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions