Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Aunt Bessie’s what makes your roast dinner the best and why: £200 voucher up for grabs!

1171819202123»

Replies

• Options
    My Yorkshire puddings are always a failure hence I use Aunt bessies but I make a fab crispy tasty roast potato and lovely creamy mash.  
  • Options
    Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puds smothered in my Husbands fabulous onion gravy, mmmm
  • Options
    Its a time to eat together and we all enjoy a Sunday dinner which having 3 small kids is hard to find a meal to suit all of us! We can sit at the table as a family! 
  • Options
    Aunt Bessie makes my roast dinners right down to the mash I just add salt, pepper, milk and a knob of butter and if they want seconds I can have more ready in minutes.
  • Options
    Gorgeous roasties & Yorkshire puds, tasty gravy & mixed veg (meat-free option too!) The one really indulgent meal the family enjoys together :smile:
  • Options
    For us it’s definitely Yorkshire puddings! A roast dinner isn’t complete without them . They have to be crunchy and you can’t just have one! Our teenage daughter would have Yorkshire puddings on every meal though if she could!! 
  • Options
    Our family loves the Sunday roast, we have either a whole chicken, beef or pork joint, that part really doesn't matter as much as the fact that there has got to be, vegetables, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. My 5, 6 and 8 year olds always go for the Yorkshire puddings first. 

We never miss the Sunday roast unless travelling (which does not happen often) and it's such a nice time to catch up as a family, chat, laugh and eat together :)
  • Options
    Aunt Bessie...where do I start?! You give me nothing but complete and utter joy...you make me look forward to cooking and more importantly you make me look like a top chef! Particularly when I make your light and fluffy Yorkshire puddings. My roast potatoes receive compliments and my kids will actually eat a roast dinner!...something that they would have never done before. You vegetables and sweet and look amazingly presentable when I serve the food. You have completely and utterly changed my voice! Love you Aunt Bessie ☺️❤️
  • Options
    Aunt Bessie’s roast potatoes, roasted veg & stuffing balls along with homemade yourkshire puddings make our famiky roasts. Aunt Bessie is a life saver and enables us to spend more time as a family having fun rather than slaving away in the kitchen all day preparing food
  • Options
    My family love having a traditional roast dinner with all the trimmings after a week of easy quick made food. They are particularly partial to my roast potatoes but we always have to have Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puddings whatever the meat is I am roasting and of course lots of gravy!
  • Options
    When my children were younger, and all at home, Sunday Lunch was a time to fight over who could get the most roasties, and Yorkshire puddings, and we all looked forward to it. Now, they are older, it seems to be more about the family tradition, and the memories that flood when we are get together to enjoy 'Mum's' Sunday roast. Its a time to enjoy amazing food, and togetherness, family values and family fun. Sunday Lunch is home comfort food, delicious and heartwarming, yet, its so much more than food, its a special time that lives and remains in our hearts.
  • Options
    What makes my roast dinners best is the combination of different vegetables and meat and company with loved ones.
  • Options
    My Roast Dinners are the best , everything included Roast potatoes, mashed potatoes (no lumps) , every kind of veg you could wish for, tender meat, meaty thick gravy,  and of course Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puds. The family sit around the table enjoying the meal and chatting away about everyday events. 
  • Options
    What makes them the best is the company and atmosphere around dinner 
  • Options
    Seeing my family enjoy what I have made, and even my children helping cook makes my roast dinner. It's about the whole experience and spending time together. 
  • Options
    DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited Apr 5, 2019 10:01AM
    Thank you all for entering this sponsored discussion. It is now closed, so we're going to lock this thread, but we will reopen it soon to post the name of the winner. 
  • Options

Hi everyone, we are just opening this thread to thank you for posting your comments on this sponsored discussion and to announce the winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @emmagough78

Congratulations! We will be contacting you via email soon. 

Thank you again to everyone who took part in this sponsored discussion.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions