Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Aunt Bessie’s what makes your roast dinner the best and why: £200 voucher up for grabs!

Replies

• I get the best cuts of meat so that it is tender, make sure there's a million roast potatoes, yorkshires (with EVERY kind of meat - I'm a yorkshire lass so none of this only with chicken nonsense), lashings of gravy and for me mint sauce with everything - it's my little one's favourite meal that I cook (mummy you make tasty food)
  • We set the table with the food on serving dishes in the middle so everyone can help themselves to as much as they want, no portion limits with a roast! 
    Everything homemade, including the gravy,  and all family is invited, normally 11 of us and 2 high chairs- good job we have a large table! 
    Sunday dinner is a very special family tradition where we can all catch up on the week. 
  • Great time for a family catch up and know they are all getting a healthy meal too.
  • It brings the family together as a whole, and gives us a chance to chat, catch up, and plan things. My sons in particular really enjoy the addition of gravy and mint sauce to any roast dinner. 
  • having all the family around , a wide variety of veg, meats gravy , roasties and yorkshire pud is a must
  • My roast dinner involves making my own gravy from using the juices from the meat. It adds extra flavour to the gravy and my family love it!
  • We have vegetarians, vegans and confirmed carnivores so we try to make sure the core items like Roast potatoes, and all the veg are animal free and then provide something that the vegans and vegetarians can share such as a nut roast and everyone is happy.  An old tradition with a modern spin.  

I like the new look - very clear, bright and engaging
  • It's not a roast dinner without my rich Beef&Port gravy!
  • It is the best because the family all like the same foods,including sprouts!  And we always have a good catch-up
  • They love a good roastie dinner! The stuffing, the yorkshire puddings, onion rings all those little extra bits I do on a Sunday seem to put a smile on their faces.  There is always a scramble for the last yorkshire pud (not matter how many have already been eaten) and even our doggie gets excited at the bits of meat left over he gets as a special treat - so even the dog has a smile on his face!

For me though, i love to cook good food for my family and we sit together every day to eat (unless something is on we have to go to) and its a special time for us to talk to each other (no phones or tablets) which to me is priceless!
  • Crispy Yorkshires and rich brown gravy (known in our household as RBG - a hangover from my husband's days in the Royal Navy).
  • What makes my roast dinner the best is the people round the table on a Sunday dinner, it's the only time in the whole week all the family get to eat together, mum, dad, kids, nana and grandpa.  This is how a Sunday dinner should be, making time for each other and enjoying the best meal of the week.  We have Yorkshire puddings and gravy first before the main meal, being from Yorkshire this is how they were traditionally served and how I was brought up.  I can still remember our Sunday dinners and hope my children grow up remembering them too.  Nowadays life is so hectic and fast if you don't make room for times like this life just rushes you by too fast.  
  • It brings the family together for food fun and gossip.
  • my sons say mine is the best because i use caramelized onion gravy and they love the carrot and swede mash as well x
  • Lots of roast potatoes, gravy and Yorkshire puddings
  • What makes my roast dinner so special is that I really go all out - roast meat and ALLLL the trimmings - homemade cauliflower cheese, loads of variety of veg, roast potatoes in goose fat, homemade yorkshire puddings (although I do use Aunt Bessie's Bake at Home yorkshires for weekday meals and love them). Sunday roast is the only time we all eat together as a family because my partner works shifts during the week. I love having a few glasses of wine while I'm cooking and sitting down to enjoy the first bite after hours in the kitchen is so worth it. Plus, we always have something tasty for pudding afterwards!
  • It gets the whole family together and saves me having to think what to cook for dinner
  • A roast dinner just wouldn't be a roast dinner without Aunt Bessies yorkshire puddings! My whole family love them and I love basking in the glory of compliments I receive for my favourite meal of the week!
  • My Gravy. No matter how nice the dinner is a bad gravy can spoil it. My sons in law says he could put mine in a cup and drink it :smile:
  • We can all get together and catch up . My special gravy which includes red wine.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions