Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell Aunt Bessie’s what makes your roast dinner the best and why: £200 voucher up for grabs!

Replies

• I put a lot of love into my roast dinners and use the finest ingredients I can find. Everything is traditional and fresh! Fluffy but crispy roast potatoes, in season vegetables and home made gravy - I think my cooking experience makes my roast the best!
  • My roast potatoes. They are the best ones in the whole world - so say my kids
  • edited Mar 6, 2019 12:42PM
    I don't dare do a roast with out the stuffing balls and on a cold dark mid week night its so quick and easy to throw together a hearty roast to keep everyone going until the weekend. I know the kids love my roasts as they tell me its better than nanny's (don't tell nanny) and for once in our house if a roast is on the table there is no bickering.
  • ROAST POTATOES!!! Oh gosh but when the roast chicken is succulent though! Or roast pork! YUM! Yorkshire puds are a must have and stuffing balls! Oh my! Will have to have a roast for dinner tonight now! Honestly its such a hard choice, esoecially between the roasties and the puds but Im going to stick with my first answer! ROAST POTATOES!!!
  • Aunt Bessie's gluten free roast potatoes have been a very welcome addition to my roast dinners - we all love them and keeps all the family happy when all the different dietary requirements are easily catered for
  • It brings the family together.

• Roast dinners remind me of home and special occasions. My mum always makes them and they are the best. 
  • To be honest our roast dinners are the best because of Aunt Bessie’s Yorkshire puds. The kids always ask if there are going to be Yorkshire puddings before asking what meat it is, and the beauty of Aunt Bessie’s is that even if you’ve forgotten them it only takes a few minutes in the oven straight from the freezer so it’s never too late!
  • My family love my roast dinner and they take it in turns to choose their favourite joint of meat mine favourite is lamb. But whatever we roast we have Yorkshire puddings or Yorkshire pigeons as my 4 year granddaughter refers to them.
  • One of the few times when as an extended family we can all sit down and enjoy family time with grandparents etc.  Not to mention a roast dinner including yorkshire puddings (a must) and all the trimmings.  Usually prepare most of it the day before so more time to chat and catch up.
  • My roast dinner is the best down to my banging roast potatoes! The whole family love them!! They also love an Aunt Bessie’s Yorkshire pudding or 3 too! 😜
  • Because we call it our 'Family Day', no mobile phones, no visitors or making plans we all spend that time with each other to catch up, and stay connected, and oh, not forgettting my home cooking of course ! They say its the best....  :):):)
  • Every Sunday afternoon we have a family roast sitting around the table. My kids love Yorkshire puds always a hit and sets us up ready for the week ahead.
  • Love aunt Bessie- bar far the best Yorkshire pud on a Sunday roast. But my favourite has to be the gravy made from the meat juices. Yum yum! My son would say the Yorkshire pudding tho- just so yummy and he always eats that first. 

• It's definitely the Roast potatoes. They are mine and my families favorite thing and we can chat at the dining table <3
  • I usually attempt my own yorkshire puddings but they don't always work so Aunt Bessie's ready made ones come in handy and taste lovely. My family like carrot and swede mash with their dinner so I have to make lots of it x
  • What makes my roast dinner the best are the home made roast garlic potatoes ❤❤ and the home made cauliflower cheese.  My partner and I tend to share the roast cooking duties.  He will cook the meat and I'd cook the veg.  I think having a variety of veg makes a roast special.  We love using aunt bessies Yorkshire puddings as they always taste the best.  A roast isn't complete without one to dip into that delicious gravy 😋
  • Home made gravy and crispy roast potatoes, it's always makes the weekend
  • My roast dinners are the best because I include stuffing AND Yorkshire pudding regardless of whether we're having roast chicken or roast beef - Controversial I know!!! My family love this as stuffing and Yorkshire pudding are two of the best additions to any roast dinner! 
  • I like to make everything from scratch, even the gravy
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions