Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell Aunt Bessie’s what makes your roast dinner the best and why: £200 voucher up for grabs!

Replies

• It’s when friends and family get together for a roast with all the trimmings and dessert and mine is made with love as well as so much choice of vegetables and soft inside crunchy outside potatoes that keep them coming back for more
  • It makes for amazing memorys of spending much-needed family time together for laughs, smiles & to feel part of something.
  • It brings the whole family together for one meal that no one complains about
  • We usually have a roast dinner at least once a week and it is the one meal that honestly seems to please everyone in the family in some way! The kids (age 3 to 13) love Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puddings (and I love them because they are an easy to cook win) then my husband loves cauliflower cheese so that's a must. Then I always add in a range of veg which has to include carrots and broccoli for the youngest as they're the ones he eats! Finally, for me and our eldest Gravy is a must! lol 
  • Love a roast potato and all the family enjoys a roast.
  • We get too have chips with it and the family share their any news about themselves 
  • My roast dinner is the best because I cook the best roast potatoes, fluffy inside and crunchy and golden outside. It's also almost the only meal of the week where we all dine together, which makes it more special.
  • I always make proper gravy using vegetable stock and meat juices.  Makes a big difference.
  • The roasties make the dinner! They have to be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Best cooked in goose fat!
  • It's an oasis in busy week where the family make time to sit down together, sharing good food, camaraderie and great conversation.
  • My extra crispy potatoes and enormous Yorkshire puddings
  • My yorkshire puddings and my gravy
  • A nice strong tasting gravy with lots of flavour. Crunchy Yorkshire puddings smothered in gravy. I always buy aunt bessies ready made Yorkshires because I can’t make my own 😞🤭
  • Heaps of roast potatoes and honey roast parsnips, Yorkshire pudding, lashings of gravy, peas for them, broccoli for me, Scottish roast beef every time with mint sauce, yum! Its the only meal we are guaranteed to sit down together for.
  • Has to be the crispy fluffy potatoes done by my husband and of course Auntie Bessie Yorkshire Puddings!
  • Roasted sprouts are a game changer in our Sunday dinners, even the most ardent sprouts hater loves our roasted sprouts. We are also liberals with our sauces...if the meats beef, no problem if you want that with mint sauce or apple sauce with your roast chicken. I always pay special attention to the roast potatoes as they need to have a decent crunch, but the thing that brings it all together is my homemade apple pie for pudding!
  • Each Sunday lunchtime my family go crazy
    For Aunt Bessies roasties, and puddings and gravy
  • Roast dinners are the one meal Everyone looks forward to. We sit, eat and enjoy together and then complain about the dishes- together.
  • What makes Sunday Roast so special in our house is that we don't hold back on the portion sizes ! If we want 4 Aunt Bessie Yorkshire's each then we shall ! So yummy !
  • My mum and brother (and most recently me) are all members of slimming world. My mum makes it all from scratch and its all free/speed food. We just use a few syns for gravy. It gives us all time to have a catch up once a week too :smile:
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions