Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell Share Parental Leave how the parenting is shared out in your family: win a £200 voucher

18910111214»

Replies

• My husband is always helping me with looking after our 3 daughters! He works long hours but when he is at home he does his fair share! he bath the girls, play with them, read them books, take them to bed, whilst i do the cleaning, cooking etc. 
  • edited Apr 14, 2019 9:03PM
    At the moment I'm a SAHM so I do the majority of the childcare but over the years my partner has been a SAHD whilst I've worked, and at times we've both worked full time. We've shared it all out pretty evenly I'd say.
  • Probably a 70 mum 30 dad split mainly out of necessity with working patterns
  • The whole parental leave came in too late for us. I stayed at home initially, then got a PT job where he could take over childcare when he came in from work.
    Eventually I decided to go and do a degree so he was brilliant taking them on long weekend walks when I had an assignment to write.
    We've always been a good team.
  • I'm a single mum so do all of the child care. If I'm honest my ex isn't brilliant at having our daughter when he should. But hopefully that will get better because I want them to have a good relationship. My step father on the other hand is fantastic. Him and my mother really help when I am at work and have helped potty train etc. It would have been easier with 2 of us but I'm thankful for my family and how close my daughter and I are xx
  • My other half is amazing. he works hard, and he's very domesticated, and does his fair share of meals, cooking, cleaning, looking after our daughter and our dog. i love our life. x
  • my partner looks after the kids when he's not at work he takes them out at the weekend for the whole day to give me a break
  • My other half took two weeks off work when each of our three kids were born. He/we couldnt't afford more as he was the higher earning spouse. But saying that that, it was fantastic having him around in the first few weeks to take the pressure off me and letting me sleep more. It was excellent but I wish we could've afforded a longer paternal leave.
  • My husband didn't do much childcare with our first child but he compensated for it by taking over the chores.  With our second one, he was more involved since I relied on him on the two days I was at work.  He also got more involved with our first child in preparing the packed lunch and doing the school run which he's continued with since. 
  • I think its a great idea, my partner could only have two weeks paid paternity leave when we had our 6 and 2 year old daughters, the two weeks go to quickly, and I was lucky enough to have normal deliveries, but its unfair on couples who need extra help after a c section or suffer post natal depression and can't go back to work as soon as hoped xx 
  • my husband isn't very hands on as he works a heavy night shift job, without my mothers help I wouldn't be able to work.
  • My other half works shifts, and can be away for sometimes 40 hours in any 48 hour period, but then he may get 5 days off in a row, and then he's got sleeves rolled up, and ready to help out. He'll cook, clean, drive to appointments, classes, whatever is needed by our 7 yr old, 2 yr old, or the teenager. Considering he was brought up in a very traditional household, where his dad would just come home, sit in the chair, and expect the kids to be in bed, house immaculate and food on the table, he couldn't be further from that. I feel so lucky to have such a great partner. I work but have a back injury, so he looks after me too, a treasure and that's no exaggeration! 
  • Thank you all for entering this sponsored discussion. It is now closed, so we're going to lock this thread, but we will reopen it during the week to post the name of the winner. 
  • Hi everyone, thank you all for entering this sponsored discussion. 
    The winner of the £200 Amazon voucher is @aimlou42
    We'll be in touch soon about your prize. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions