Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tell Aldi all about your favourite Easter dishes: £200 Aldi voucher up for grabs!

Replies

• Can I say chocolate eggs? They're definitely the tastiest part of Easter for me!
  • We will often have roast lamb (with a sprinkle of rosemary on whilst cooking), with all the trimmings like stuffing balls, Yorkshire puddings and/or mini toad-in-the-holes, mint sauce -  roast potatoes, plus roasted parsnips, carrots and butternut squash with honey added for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking time and lots of fresh spring vegetables like peas, beans, sprouts, spring greens etc, topped off with some nice thick gravy.  Later in the day we tend to have something like pancakes - my better half will sometimes add a few chunks of an Easter egg to his but I stick to the more traditional sugar and lemon juice on mine.

• I love Roast Lamb with roast potatoes, veg and all the trimmings

• Rib of beef with all the trimmings. 
  • We like to have a whole baked Rainbow Trout, cooked in foil with butter and rosemary. Boiled new potatoes with mint from the garden and some steamed green vegetables make the perfect Easter meal.
  • mum always does roast turkey just like at Christmas
  • It has to be roast shoulder of lamb (just about beats leg of lamb, but it's a close call).  Work off that course with a chase round the house for easter egg hunting, and finished off with a luxury hot cross bun!
  • I absolutely love salted caramel and chocolate fudge hot cross buns with a mug of tea. 
  • A roast lamb with potatoes root veg and garden peas and carrots and a nice sherry trifle and if any room left a Easter egg yum and then back to the diet lol 😀
  • Chocolate cake with mini eggs to decorate
  • Bread and butter pudding made with hot cross buns instead of bread
  • Roast leg of lamb with mint sauce, followed by homemade hot cross buns. Or even better, using the buns to make a bread and butter pudding with lashings of custard.
  • Who cooks,it's all about the choccy eggs
  • I make a lovely roast lamb on Easter Sunday and then use the leftover meat to make a lamb pasta bake on Easter Monday
  • Roast lamb with all the trimmings, followed by an eton mess. Most important of all is having all my family around the table.
  • Has to be Hot cross buns with loads of butter
  • I love hot cross buns 
  • chocolate cornflake nests - so much fun to make with everyone
  • Got to be roast lamb with all the trimmings and lashings of mint sauce :) Also, mini eggs by the crate!
  • mini eggs and golden eggs
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions